Getting an older vehicle to start up nicely?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at an 87 k5 Blazer within he next day or so. I was wondering what I should do in order to get it to turn over faster. It starts fine it just takes a little longer to turn over than a newer vehicle (obviously). Im just worried about trying to get it to start in the winter really. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dan

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
preformance starter. Bosch Plugs. New spark plug cords. More powerful fuel pump. Are just some things i did to my 84 mercedes and 86 cadillac fleetwood. Made a world of difference.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New plugs, wires, coil, points, etc will really help. Also a new battery and possibly a new starter depending on the condition of the current one. A gear reduction starter makes a world of difference.

A new fuel pump will make no difference what so ever unless your current one is failing.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, but I just bought a 99 tahoe so this question doesn't apply anymore.

Dan