GM suspending new Chevy Tahoe Model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Word has it that the current body style will be around longer and the next gen is uncertain as the market for large trucks and suv's has pretty much collapsed. They say they would have to sell 10 small cars to make the profit that they would make from the sale of one SUV.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that I'm glad I'm single with no kids and I can put up with all the expensives related to my Tahoe.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that I'm glad I'm single with no kids and I can put up with all the expensives related to my Tahoe.

Yes they are becoming very expensive to operate, my lat trip to meet my wife for lunch about 50 miles cost about $25 to make the trip. I love the vehicle, but I find that trips require more planning, it isn't just jump in and go any time I want as we are closing in on $5 a gallon it has an impact to where we spend a lot more time at home. I would rather pay the price for safety.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont like the new style (gmt 10XX) infact i would probably not ever get tired of this style, so as LONG AS THEY KEEP MAKEING IT, im fine with that, JUST DONT DISCONTINUE THE FULL SIZE TRUCKS AND SUVS, OR I WOULD NEVER BUY A GM PRODUCT AGAIN EVER:cuss:

Last edited:

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont like the new style (gmt 10XX) infact i would probably not ever get tired of this style, so as LONG AS THEY KEEP MAKEING IT, im fine with that, JUST DONT DISCONTINUE THE FULL SIZE TRUCKS AND SUVS, OR I WOULD NEVER BUY A GM PRODUCT AGAIN EVER:cuss:

I'm sure they'll miss you.

<rolls eyes>

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If GM and For actually stopped making trucks, which would never happen, besides Toyota(ugly ass trucks by the way) what would be you're choices for trucks?

Well, there's always Dodge, right? And Nissan is gonna figure it out one of these days.

Actually, I spotted a Tundra Dually prototype on a car carrier in the middle of nowhere in central California a couple of weeks back (got some bad iPhone photos of it, even). No doubt they'll put a nice range of diesel motors in it, too.

If I were Chrysler/Ford/GM, I'd be very very worried.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there's always Dodge, right? And Nissan is gonna figure it out one of these days.

Actually, I spotted a Tundra Dually prototype on a car carrier in the middle of nowhere in central California a couple of weeks back (got some bad iPhone photos of it, even). No doubt they'll put a nice range of diesel motors in it, too.

If I were Chrysler/Ford/GM, I'd be very very worried.

Well Dodge trucks are just as ugly as the Toyotas and Nissan builds crap trucks, so if For or GM were no longer in the market the choices would be slim.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Dodge trucks are just as ugly as the Toyotas and Nissan builds crap trucks, so if For or GM were no longer in the market the choices would be slim.

<shrug>. Your call, of course.

I've got a 2002 2500HD Crew Cab that I'm about to replace with a Denali XL. The Duramax/Allison drivetrain is truly awesome but the rest of the truck sucks. The interior is crap and the running gear is terrible. I'm about to replace the idler and pitman arm for the second time in 81,000 miles. This for an HD truck that gets driven exclusively on the street and tows a couple of times per year.

Professional Grade my *ss.

It appears that GM took a HUGE step forward with the GMT900 vehicles, which is why I'm willing to try again. That, and the fact that I need a 3-row vehicle that can tow 8000 lbs.

Otherwise I'd still have my 911.

Last edited:

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Amen.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't see GM not making trucks as they are known for quality trucks. GM will just have to get really good at cars as well.

Agreed. There's always demand for trucks - it'll just decrease from where it is now.

GM makes some great cars in Europe. Hopefully we'll see some of them here soon, too.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM would be stupid to stop making trucks. All they have to do is get the gov allow importing of ethanol from Brazil and use the flex fuel engines.