Gold Bowtie, WHY!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do other despise the gold bowtie in the front grill? I would assume others do. Can you take out the gold bowtie and replace it with a black one or do you have to replace the entire grill (not preferred). I guess you could also paint it black...any thoughts?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good on some colors and not on others but after all its just an emblem :D

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gold Color

I was thinking it was a fashion statement. I don't hate it just think a billet would look better. I haven't gootten one yet though. If I do I will have to change the front tag out also.:cool2: :confused:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do other despise the gold bowtie in the front grill? I would assume others do. Can you take out the gold bowtie and replace it with a black one or do you have to replace the entire grill (not preferred). I guess you could also paint it black...any thoughts?
It's very easy to remove the front one and either paint it or replace with several available on the aftermarket. The rear one is held on to the chrome base with foam tape and can also be removed if careful.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks guys...

It's very easy to remove the front one and either paint it or replace with several available on the aftermarket. The rear one is held on to the chrome base with foam tape and can also be removed if careful.

I had an '02 Black Tahoe and took off all emblems on it using, of all things, the soft platic spatula from a George Foremen grill..hehe..it also had the gold bowtie in the front and hated it as the hoe was completely black and chrome and then that dumb bowtie...didn't want to change grill so I just left it..glad to hear that the front one can be replaced....regardless of what color tahoe I end up getting, it will probalby be changed to black or chrome..

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the gold bowtie. I don't have a problem with it.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will admit a billet bow tie would be nice looking with the other silver/chrome trim. :yesnod:

JTS001

Reaction score
I think it looks good on some colors and not on others but after all its just an emblem :D

I agree - on some colors it looks fine (e.g. dark blue, bermuda blue) but on others it's a bit "off". I have seen some of the posters here with black/silver/bbody color bowties and they look good.

But I guess the gold bowtie is a serious part of the brand image for all Chevys (I think so anyway) so it's part of their master plan.