good bye to rollin thunder...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need A Plan

Dude,

You need to think about what you need not just what you want. I guarantee you that if you: 1) purchased a gently-used but loaded '03-'05 Denali XL and mod the crap out of it, 2) paid cash (keep it around $20K), and 3) concentrate on paying off your other vehicle(s), 4) in less than two years you could probably turn around and sell the used Denali XL for $15K+, and 5) purchase a brand new Escalade (or whatever you like at that point) for cash, while keeping all your other vehicles. How many cars does one guy need anyway? Sure, it's your prerogative, but think of the risk to your bank accounts.

If you need a loan to finance your toys, then you simply can't afford the toy. If you're scraping your cash reserves for this, then it sounds like you're hemorrhaging cash due to a spending problem, man. While you make a lot (or is it "alot"? :D), it sure sounds like you spend a lot as well. Trust me, continuing on your current path is dangerous to your long term financial health and if you're not 100% at peace with the deal (which it doesn't sound like you really are) then don't do it -- it will never be worth it, no matter how good a "deal" you get on a vehicle under warranty. Sell RT, pocket the cash, and get one a couple years older that you can still enjoy and have some fun with (and have money left over to pay for repairs as necessary). Time to cap the well before you bleed it dry, bubba.

I'm not your daddy, but if I was, I'd come over there and smack some sense into your head, boy! :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude,

You need to think about what you need not just what you want. I guarantee you that if you: 1) purchased a gently-used but loaded '03-'05 Denali XL and mod the crap out of it, 2) paid cash (keep it around $20K), and 3) concentrate on paying off your other vehicle(s), 4) in less than two years you could probably turn around and sell the used Denali XL for $15K+, and 5) purchase a brand new Escalade (or whatever you like at that point) for cash, while keeping all your other vehicles. How many cars does one guy need anyway? Sure, it's your prerogative, but think of the risk to your bank accounts.

If you need a loan to finance your toys, then you simply can't afford the toy. If you're scraping your cash reserves for this, then it sounds like you're hemorrhaging cash due to a spending problem, man. While you make a lot (or is it "alot"? :D), it sure sounds like you spend a lot as well. Trust me, continuing on your current path is dangerous to your long term financial health and if you're not 100% at peace with the deal (which it doesn't sound like you really are) then don't do it -- it will never be worth it, no matter how good a "deal" you get on a vehicle under warranty. Sell RT, pocket the cash, and get one a couple years older that you can still enjoy and have some fun with (and have money left over to pay for repairs as necessary). Time to cap the well before you bleed it dry, bubba.

I'm not your daddy, but if I was, I'd come over there and smack some sense into your head, boy! :lol:

here is the thing.

My house is paid off, all of my cars, except the vette ( i owe less than 10k though) are paid off. toys are paid off

my monthly payment right now is for food, gas, utulities, and crap that i want.

i can afford 60k for a brand new denali, i did what you reccommend at age 16, so im past that and dont feel like doing that again, i drove a 87 k5 for 3 years and a 99 suburban for the next.

Im not selling my yukon enless im getting one with a warrenty and a new one, since the kon is paid off it makes no sense. i might as well just throw money every month in to a "repair the yukon fund" or somthing like that WHICH NOW THAT I THINK OF IT IS NOT A BAD IDEA ding ding ding, another variable in the wheel of confusion.

im not worried about my well drying up. i have back up finances and enough in saveings to live normally for 5 years or so. so i could retire for the next five years if i wanted and then worry about bankrupcy and fileing for chapter 11 on my realestate company. but im not stupid. :lol:

the thing is DO I WANT TO SPEND 60K for a new denali. or do i want a SLT with nice options for less than half and then have 30k left in my pocket to go buy what ever, or buy another bond, i took the 45k i was gunna use to buy a 09 tahoe and put that in a bond, thinking i was going to buy it with the yukon not sell the yukon, thats whats different.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

Sounds like you've done some math, and know where your pain points are.

But, why on earth would you pay $55-60K for an '08 Denali, when they're not really selling? Didn't you have some super-duper-dealer-hook-up employee-price deal? Or was that your dad? [I got mine loaded for $45K ($58K sticker) with the GMPP.] GMPP employee pricing with incentives and rebates is a pretty sweet deal. OR, just negotiate a killer deal. My GMC dealer here in town has loads of Denali's just sittin' on the lot, and I've just gotten my 4th mailer from them in three weeks telling me about all the great markdowns and deals to be had... Didn't GM just lay off a bunch of GMT900 plant workers? There are deals to be had, and I wouldn't have it any other way if I was in your shoes.

Just because you can afford to spend $55K doesn't mean you should. Split the difference between the 30K and 60K you're thinking, and negotiate to $45K on a truck you like. (Then you can afford to mail me a $15K check for my awesome advice if you still want to spend $60K.:smilielol:)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done some math, and know where your pain points are.

But, why on earth would you pay $55-60K for an '08 Denali, when they're not really selling? Didn't you have some super-duper-dealer-hook-up employee-price deal? Or was that your dad? [I got mine loaded for $45K ($58K sticker) with the GMPP.] GMPP employee pricing with incentives and rebates is a pretty sweet deal. OR, just negotiate a killer deal. My GMC dealer here in town has loads of Denali's just sittin' on the lot, and I've just gotten my 4th mailer from them in three weeks telling me about all the great markdowns and deals to be had... Didn't GM just lay off a bunch of GMT900 plant workers? There are deals to be had, and I wouldn't have it any other way if I was in your shoes.

Just because you can afford to spend $55K doesn't me you should. Split the difference between the 30K and 60K you're thinking, and negotiate to $45K on a truck you like. (Then you can afford to mail me a $15K check for my awesome advice if you still want to spend $60K.:smilielol:)

i have not sat down and talked turkey with the dealer yet with the nali, im just saying 60k to be right, im sure i could talk him down, but you gotta know their selling like crazy monkeys here, this denali is one of 3 on the lot, when i went there last week to get an oil change they had 12 denalis. right now they have a bunch of yukons and xls, but not a good stock on denalis.

incentives right now are loyalty and 2k cash back for it being an 08. other than that there aint much else, and they dont feel like negotiating.

what dealer did you buy yours from, i may give him a call then. really. or look online to see what he has got.

right now im looking at buying the 28k (price worked down from 49k plus free headrest DVD's) one with all the free stuff and just pocketing the other half and getting another high intrest bond.

i cant get employee priceing because we maxxed it out per family. until 09. :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Koons. www.grabthewheel.com

Good luck, and post tons of pics of the new ride -- I know that's what you want to do! :rolleyes:

i would love to post some pics, and be apart of the GMT-900 crew. :D but stuff there aint much different from here.

there are 14 chevy/gmc dealers with in 15 min from my house. im sure there is bound to be a deal+truck with my name on it. whether it be a tahoe,suburban, yukon, xl, denali, or denali xl. :D

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GW. really appreciate it :thumbsup: :yesnod:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Dude, whatever you decide, I wish you good luck on your search and hope you find what your looking for.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definatly.

now if i could just remember the company who i had print my rollin thunder decal, im ready to order Rollin' Thunder II, but god help me think of the place.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the new Truck RT, I don't know @ you but I LOVE negotiating with the dealerships on the price of a new vehicle.....especially if I'm paying cash and financing and interest rates are out of the conversation :D

Have fun with it! You only get to buy a new vehicle every so often, make it worth your while and have some fun with the process. GM's got a whole fleet of 08's they need to unload in this questionable economy, and you're a cash buyer. The ball's in your court man, give em hell.

and btw, I'd take the used one w/ 28k miles on it over the brand new one any day.....especially with that price difference. 28k miles is nothing on that 6.0L, and its certainally not worth an extra $20,000+

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the new Truck RT, I don't know @ you but I LOVE negotiating with the dealerships on the price of a new vehicle.....especially if I'm paying cash and financing and interest rates are out of the conversation :D

Have fun with it! You only get to buy a new vehicle every so often, make it worth your while and have some fun with the process. GM's got a whole fleet of 08's they need to unload in this questionable economy, and you're a cash buyer. The ball's in your court man, give em hell.

and btw, I'd take the used one w/ 28k miles on it over the brand new one any day.....especially with that price difference. 28k miles is nothing on that 6.0L, and its certainally not worth an extra $20,000+

no dude, you got it wrong, thant 6.0 IS BRAND NEW 08 SELLING ME FOR 28k, it only has 200 miles on it. :yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well good bye to my truck and good bye to me, this place is full of loosers now.

(gw, LTG, Jkmotor, bparker, Fco, Crazy-D (also gone), and Jag) YOU GUYS ROCK)

but other members not so much. been nice, but it will be a LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME, before you see me on any internet forum.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
well good bye to my truck and good bye to me, this place is full of loosers now.

(gw, LTG, Jkmotor, bparker, Fco, Crazy-D (also gone), and Jag) YOU GUYS ROCK)

but other members not so much. been nice, but it will be a LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME, before you see me on any internet forum.

You are not going to let a few annoying people chase you off the forum are you?:skep: :skep: :skep: :skep:

Status
Not open for further replies.