good bye to rollin thunder...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well as sad as i feel, everything has just clicked and i traded the yukon tonight. i still have her until friday, but the dotted lines get signed friday and everything is final. just got back from the dealer who stayed open extra late and even bought us both dinner from outback steak house while we made the deal. i said i need until friday to get financeing in order but really just wanted the extra time with my yukon to say good bye and do a last mudding trip or two. since im paying cash

she was an awsome truck and will be missed dearly:cryin: :yar: :angelsad: :sad: . but i had to think pratical its out of warrenty, i had some trouble and fear more trouble. this new one has an 8 year 100k warrenty, factory, just neg by the dealer to have the extra years,

i bought a 2008 yukon Xl SLT 4wd, exactly the same as mine TO A T except 2 years newer. with some extras like power folding seats and remote start, etc, but other wise, color and big options are the same.

Last edited:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
well as sad as i feel, everything has just clicked and i traded the yukon tonight. i still have her until friday, but the dotted lines get signed friday and everything is final. just got back from the dealer who stayed open extra late and even bought us both dinner from outback steak house while we made the deal. i said i need until friday to get financeing in order but really just wanted the extra time with my yukon to say good bye and do a last mudding trip or two. since im paying cash

she was an awsome truck and will be missed dearly. but i had to think pratical its out of warrenty, i had some trouble and fear more trouble. this has an 8 year 100k warrenty, factory, just neg by the dealer to have the extra years,

i bought a 2008 yukon Xl SLT 4wd, exactly the same as mine TO A T except 2 years newer. with some extras like power folding seats and remote start, etc, but other wise, color and big options are the same.

I thought you were leaving the forum for a minute.:wow: You are obligated to post many pics when you get it!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were leaving the forum for a minute.:wow: You are obligated to post many pics when you get it!

i just realised thats sounds bad. but rollin thunder is really the name of the truck.

i can tell you that saturday i will have Rollin Thunder II on the back of the new one.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take those HID's and Angel eyes off first....they might not notice ;).

First dibbs!!!! :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take those HID's and Angel eyes off first....they might not notice ;).

First dibbs!!!! :D

HIDS might, but angle eyes wont work on your hoe.

im gunna take of the highs and fogs, but after all the work i have done with the lows im gunna leave them.

FIRST MOD IS CADILLAC PROJECTORS ON THE NEW KON. :yesnod:

Jake

Reaction score
well if you wanna get rid of those light give me a holla....sad to see her go but im sure numero dos will live up to the expectation

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if you wanna get rid of those light give me a holla....sad to see her go but im sure numero dos will live up to the expectation

You clearly missed the fact that i called first dibbs....im sure thats it.... :yaya:

Jake

Reaction score
yes alll i saw was no more thunder and was like oh snap headlights for sale..whoever does get them is in for a treat casue those eyes are nice

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hate to break it to yall, but their staying on the truck. because i dont have any other set of lights. cant trade in a truck with out headlights. :thumbsup:

Jake

Reaction score
well then whoever buys your truck is going to be happy

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got back from the dealer, the new truck got delivered today and he said some look to see if its what you want, well IT WAS NOT!!!!!

had no power seats, had no DVD, had no HEATED SEATS, no POWER FOLDING CHAIRS, NO MEMORY SEATS, AND NO BACK UP SENSORS, dealer told me it did. so what i said to him, is lets pass on this one, but i have the new car bug and im gunna go home and do some money work and see if i can swing 55 for an 08 denali. the one im looking at has a sticker of 60k, black on tan, loaded to the gills and its awsome, i love that 6 speed and 380 HP engine. i just need to see if i can swing 55k. (sticker 60k but 5k in rebates and stuff)

Jake

Reaction score
dude that sucks i knw how you feel..thinking its going to be all badass and then they give you nothing cloose to what you want..if you cant swing the 55K i would ask for a lower price on the one you do get

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea so close, but im still hard at it lookin, but then i go drive my yukon and feel like im being stupid to get rid of such an awsome truck. i asked them about tradeing the vette and they said they could not give me more thatn 30k for it, so its not worth since i paid 60 for that a year ago only has 3200k miles on it.

so i guess if i want a new kon, the old kon has to go. sadly, but true. :sad:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IS LESS MORE?????

im asking this becuase the one he got in last night that he thought had all the bells and whisles but didnt. he just offered me over the phone FREE HEADREST TV's PLUS IF I PAY CASH (which im planning) ONLY 28,900 this is a brand spankin new 08 yukon xl with a 6.0, tan leather, gold mist ext, nav, headrest tvs, 6 way driver power seat, only 203 miles, captains, 4wd, 4.10, slt. oriigionally at 49k

reason i ask if less is more is because, since i have less stuff, does this mean alot less to go wrong in 4 years?? i kinda think so and then less stuff to break and worry about.

opinions???

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like all of these deals and extras are getting you mixed up. I have the same problem when I have too many options. I would just find one you like, and if its a good deal, just go for it. It seems as though its getting more complicated than it needs to be.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats my issue, i have the budget planned to go full bore on a denali xl, but is it worth it when less than half gets me an equally nice vehicle with all the stuff i want and nothing i dont. im just worried that a year from now, im gunna say DAM why didnt i get the power running boards or what ever. :iq:

Status
Not open for further replies.