Good Deal on a Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antoddio

Reaction score
This dealer is offering an 5.3L 04 Yukon w/ 88K, for around $12K. No options on the vehicle really and it is 2WD. Cloth interior isn't perfect, radio gets bad reception, no trailer hitch, and missing the 3rd row seats (but has the brackets). Exterior looks clean. Carfax indicates it has been in one moderate parking lot accident, but doesn't have anymore details, although it references a police report. I think it was some sort of fleet vehicle, and was registered fairly locally.

Any ideas on price I should be paying? The guy said he wasn't very flexible on price, but not sure I buy that. It meets my needs if I can get it for the right price.

Thanks.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the prices are coming down. Because of gas and everyone buying the newer yukons and tahoes. I payed about $16k for my 03, with 60k miles, leather, 3rd row, trailer hitch, yada yada

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 15,999 for my '00 in '05, 2wd 67,000 miles on her, no third seat in this model (told they came in '00 or '01)

Seems the demand for full size SUV's are quite low.

I think it's a good buy, you could blue book it and see what it's going for.

Mine is an SLE.

Aaron

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good deal, I paid 18k for my 02 denali with 75k but they are whoring out the suvs the last few months. I might upgrade to an 09 avalanche once they get the 6speed and a 6.0 or 6.2 thanks to the 110% trade-in with 1.9% through gmac I can afford the $500 payment.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For just a couple grand more you can get a much nicer rig! Id save up a little more cash and get one you really love versus settling for one your not to high on just because it is a couple G's cheaper....just my opinion.

Antoddio

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I did a KBB, and personally I don't think that guide is worth the paper its written on. Dealers would love to have everyone come in and pay KBB!

And $$ is not a problem, this is going to be my 2nd vehicle, used almost exclusively for towing. I just want something basic that is fairly reliable. In an older vehicle I'd rather have few options as possible, since they are bound to break.

Antoddio

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a Katzkin leather interior, since leather is the only option I really want.

Oger

Reaction score
I paid 11k about a year and a half ago on a 2000 SLT 2WD. at that time it was a deal compared to the others that I saw. I was talking to a FURD dealer a month ago and he was telling me that they sent most of there Explorers to auction, due to low demand. I imagine that all are in the same boat.

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a year and a half ago I paid 11,350 for an 02 LT ,, 4x4 . with 80k on on her .

I would say 12k ain't to bad , but it is only 2wd .. if it was a 4x4 I would say thats a real good deal. . But for 2wd ,, A real good deal would be close to 10k .. fair 12 ,, bad anything over 12k ..

Antoddio

Reaction score
diehrd, assuming the vehicle was in good condition, seems like you got a pretty good deal!

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 12,500 for an '02 Yukon SLT 2wd loaded up with leather and all the goodies last July. Had 86k miles on it. I think 12k might be a bit high for the truck you are looking at -