Good Power Buffer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never used a power buffer to take off wax, and Ive heard/read the bad stories...

What are some user friendly buffers that I can use that wont kill my truck even if I have never used one of these before....

Online options and store bought options please...

I was on meguairs site( i like the brand) and they have one... but I just want something good that will make the job easier...

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my porter Cable 7424, Wool leveling pad, with a microfiber bonnet over it. Pretty easy, Just like doing it by hand as it comes off like nothing with a clean bonnet on. So I would say make sure you have a couple bonnets. I think I went thru 2 and a half on my truck. I didn't really have to put alot of pressure.

Last edited:

paintcarendetailing

Reaction score
I have never used a power buffer to take off wax, and Ive heard/read the bad stories...

If you are just looking to remove wax I'd save your money and either remove it by hand or just get a orbital from a place like pepboys.

Now if you are looking to remove imperfections/swirls(spiderwebbing) then you'll need to step it up to at least a Porter Cable 7424.

Meguiars, Porter Cable and UDM are all good machines and will serve you well for paint correction.

The bad stories come from inexperienced people using a rotary improperly - ie. too aggressive polish + inexperience + high speed = damaged paint

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Porter Cable 7424 is the best possible piece of detailing equipment the typical person could ever buy. Unlike the big Dewalt buffers the random orbit of the PC 7424 will keep you from overworking anyone spot on the paint.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like I'll keep it "Old School" and do it by hand....

And drop it to a professional is i want anything major done...

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been about two years since I gought mine but even then I thought it was expensive. I actually ended up snagging one off Ebay for 75 bucks. Good hunting.

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remove by hand and use the G100 (PC 7424 but Meguiarized with lifetime warranty) to do paint correction.

Meguiars has an online forum that has great information.

Rotary buffers in the wrong hands can do bad things to your paint.