Good Quality Replacement Headlights for 98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of it sorry for the crappy quality cell phone picture

Attachments

• Headlights1.jpg
    Headlights1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 34

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always get lost on these stupid lights, but i learned like everyone else, dont buy cheap headlights, they fog up, they dont shine worth sh*t.... lol.. but those ebay ones look damn good for the price. how is that hid system?? worth buying for? i like the smoked look tho for my truck atleast?> they have those?? thanks guys your a big help..

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put them in a couple of hours ago. Super nice lights! Installed them in about 45 mins. I'll try to get pics up this weekend as I'm not home right now.

They don't have the smoked ones though Sas, so you are asked out.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damnit.. but you any of you guys order from that ebay thing? how are they>? or should i get brighter hids then that 5000?? is it?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from that guy on ebay took about a week to get.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from that guy on ebay took about a week to get.

Ditto, haven't seen them anywhere else.
They are top quality! Don't know what Kelvin rating the bulb is though, Thunder had said 4300K, which is factory for OE. Got mine next day....but I'm only 30mins from the shipping facility lol

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0, and if you do decide to order from the ebay place...offer him 200

Sport99

Reaction score
I just picked up my 99 2dr and would also like to upgrade the lights. My buddy sold is old Silverado, and he had aftermarket clear headlights, but they were GLASS. I've come across many aftermarket headlights for these trucks, and its been about 5 years since I've seen glass lights available

I've searched and searched and can't find a single distributor of glass headlights for these trucks. Does anyone know where I can find a set of glass headlights? That is your only way to prevent the fogging up of the headlights.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eBay again has the glass lights. I came THIS CLOSE to ordering them, too... but in the end, my mid western cheapness got the better of me and I went with OEM replacements, total for all 10 exterior replacement lights (sans bulbs)- $118.00 delivered! (all brand new)

eBay rocks (sometimes!)!

There is only one vendor I found there that had the glass lights, so do a search and and you'll find them.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i doubt they would be glass for 25 bucks, but i asked him a question so i should be getting a reply soon and ill tell ya.. idk..

Sport99

Reaction score
Yeah, seems a bit cheap to be glass. The cheapest I've found glass ones for are $103.00. Its expensive, but they are so much better than the cheap plastic ones.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, he jsut replied today saying THEY ARE GLASS>> heres his exact words, so if u buy them and there not glass. thats yours and his fault.. not mine..
Dear sasquatch094,

hi
it is glass
thank you

- dt_moto

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what a rip off.. i asked the guy another question today. i asked him " sso if i throw these at a concrete wall, will they shatter?" hahaha idk, maybe his glass is diff. then my glass.. plastiass or something.. halfglass/halfplastic.. lol

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lo0ked at the sellers previous feedback and he has sold a couple of glass headlights, none of the buyers left neutral or negative feedback and a couple even mentioned, "item as described"

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they look plastic in the pics. Have that wired haze. But IDK. If I was gunna get the glass lights I would get the 100 dollar ones. IMO you should not skimp on headlights. They are all you have to see at night in some areas. :thumbsup:

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that and the price threw me off.
I would try them out but I just dropped money on those TYC HIDs