Good Quality Replacement Headlights for 98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey... New guy here.
A couple of years ago, my wife got hit in my truck. Right side headlight , bumper, hood.... Got a check from the guy's insurance company. My wife's girlfriend's husband owns a shop and was very slow. I know he's slow because he's a loser, but she asked me to give him the work SO... I give him the truck and the check with strict instructions to use only GMC parts. I get it back and it looks ok but later, I figured out he used some 19 dollar Chinese headlight. It won't even adjust. It was useless trying to get anything back from him, so I go to the dealer for new lights. 500 dollars to do both sides.
I decided to try some internet projectors and they're garbage too. Now, I'm ready to just buy the dealer lights when a buddy suggested InPro. They make a light that looks just like the factory light and a nice looking projector. Anyone ever seen these? I think they're made in Germany. I'd be interested in any information on InPros or any other quality light.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TYC HEADLIGHTS!!!!! FTW!!! they are better than oem. reflector or projector what ever. brigher, better quality, and look better than OEM. JMO.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TYC HEADLIGHTS!!!!! FTW!!! they are better than oem. reflector or projector what ever. brigher, better quality, and look better than OEM. JMO.

I have got those but mine have the HIDs in them and it is like night and day the difference. The fit is just like stock. I will try to get some pictures of them for you.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are a few pictures all i have now. Here is the link

Attachments

• IMG_1226_edited.jpg
    IMG_1226_edited.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1227_edited.jpg
    IMG_1227_edited.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1228_edited.jpg
    IMG_1228_edited.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those look fantastic. Hows your output. THey were incredible on my 99. I should have took them off and sold them seperate. But my buddy sure loves them. Traffic dont cause of the 6"lift though.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are alot better than stock couldnt half see anything before. Took maybe 1.5 hours very easy would have been easier if i did not have the brush guard

99ChEvY2Dr

Reaction score
Whats up Guys,

Do you guys have any pics at night with the lights on, really like them but wanted to see how they light up at night....

Thanks

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thunder, do you recall what Kelvin rating the bulbs were by any chance?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300k. Like a stock HID equipped vehicle. But remember stock 4300k HIDs look more like 5000k. for some reason. Anything above that can not get a dot approved stamp for some reason.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just bought mine today for $220, should be getting them Thursday so hopefully I'll have pics by the weekend.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt you will find them cheaper, I haven't even seeing anybody else selling these housing either. You can try offering less than what I did and see if they accept it.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is to make 8 connections and hook it up to the battery. I am running whatever bulb came in the highs

Last edited: