Happy ending to new hid's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottrick

Reaction score
So there is always a lot of dis-satisfied customer postings warning everyone about bad companies and bad parts (which i am so grateful for). Just as bad stories are helpful, so are good stories....so here goes:

on February 14th i ordered a set of 55W 8000K HID's for my tahoe from www.ddmtuning.com. I had researched over and over again on what temp and what wattage to get but i got tired of not being able to decide so i just pulled the trigger on the 55W 8000K. Unfortunately like two days later i started to second guess my decision on weather i should have went the 35W instead. So i decided to call DDM directly and get their input (as they would know better than anyone). they told me that they all use the 35W ballasts because it is really not necessary to have more light then the 35W ones. Also he told me that the color gets washed out pretty drastically (and i want them to look 8000K, not 6000K).

So i asked if he could switch my order before it went out and to my dismay, they were already shipped:( HERE IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD....he tell me that when they come in, i can keep everything except send the 55W ballasts back and he will send me the 35W ones. so i got the HID's the very next day and sent the ballasts back the very same day (1-day shipping). when UPS sent me confirmation that it had been delivered, i waited another hour and then called just to make sure that the were not any mix ups and hopefully push the process along. when i called the guy told me that the order had already been processed and will be shipped out "today" (same day that they received it back from me, they shipped it).

i was kinda skeptical until i got a tracking # and it arrived the very next day!

BIG THUMBS UP FOR DDM TUNING........i totally recommend based on customer service alone.....and will give more input after the install!

i will post pictures of everything this weekend when i install:)

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good company, I was satified with them too, just not the 3 weeks it too for me to get them!

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome.. good to hear good reviews, esp. since i plan on getting my lo's, fogs, and reverse lights from them.