Hard water marks on windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkooman

Reaction score
I finally really cleaned my truck over the weekend. (Washed, clayed and waxed it) It is about 95% complete except I have some hard water marks on the windows from my sprinklers. I did a little research online yesterday and found a few recommendations:

Auto Windex and newspaper - Didn't work
Steel wool (000 or 0000) - Didn't work
50/50 mix white vinegar + water - Didn't work

Any other suggestion? The next recommendation was a Brillo pads but that sounds like a bad idea. :confused: Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

preston

Reaction score
Give the Mr Clean Magic Erasers a try, they worked on my windows' hard water spots. I think it should do the trick for you. Let me know if it works out for you, I know some hard water spots are worse than others and mine were not too terrible to begin with (still bad enough that any window cleaning product wouldn't work).

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
A solution of soapy water and a straight edge razor blade will take off the hard water spots most of the time if nothing else will.

tahoe 8A

Reaction score
try bon ami it is non abrasive works real good just messy

bkooman

Reaction score
Thank you for the recommendations! I tried the magic eraser but it didn't work. I will try the other recommendations later this week after I get the supplies.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use Stoners Invisible Glass (with newspaper) and have yet to have anything that won't come off my windows.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Stoners Invisible Glass (with newspaper) and have yet to have anything that won't come off my windows.

I use Stoners when the windows are dirty but there is no way it will take off HARD water spots from sprinkler water.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just used it today (the wipes) and had to scrub real hard but all the water spots came off. But you could be right, maybe the water here isnt as bad as elsewhere?