hay guys it is the new be again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpstelma

Reaction score
Has anybody put Nitrogen in there tires? I work on some of the world largest road craned. The tires cost $1200.00 each and when you have 5 to 7 axles it added up. One of my customers runes Nitrogen in all of this cranes and he said on a 200 mile trip the tires are 50 deg. cooler and the Nitrogen dose not expand so his tire pressure stays the same cold or hot. I am going to get this done and head up to North Carlina for Thanksgiving and I will let you know if the tire pressure increases or decresses and the temp. I found a local shop that will do my tires for $40.00.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are erths atmosfear is comprized of aproxamately 78% Nitragin all ready, with the remaineing gaz being predominently Oxigin. I wouldn't bother to rune Nitragin in your tars. I don't think it makes much of a diffrence anyways. ;)

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how much it helps, it is probably really small. It supposedly helps preserve the rubber from aging, at least on the inside of the tire. I know the newer Costco locations have it, but most of them willonly install in new tires that you buy from them.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Nitrogen molecules are larger, so you don't lose nearly as much air as you do with oxygen over time. Tire pressure doesn't fluctuate either, so when you read the pressure cold, it will be the same when hot. I have the tires on my CTS filled with nitrogen, but only cost me $20. The tires on my truck are filled with regular oxygen, and I lose roughly about 2-3 lbs of air in each tire every month. I've had the wheels on my Caddi filled with nitrogen months ago and haven't lost any pressure.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think that it would hardly do a thing, but then it seems to actually do like 3 different things really well.

Last edited: