headlight install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im trying to install my new headlights and i cant figure out which wire is the parking light to connect the halo's and this extra light. anyone got some insight on this.

these are the headlights

IMG_1881.jpg

the extra bulb wires
IMG_1882.jpg

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Connect those extra wires to the parking light wire harness for the parking/turn signals. Be sure to weather proof the connections as best you can by using heat shrink.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Connect those extra wires to the parking light wire harness for the parking/turn signals. Be sure to weather proof the connections as best you can by using heat shrink.

thanks i know where to hook it up, i needed to know what wire on the tahoe is the parking light, but i found it, its a brown wire.

so the headlights are in and im irritated, the halos wont come on with the parking lights, the extra light comes on. my daytime running lights dont come on anymore, the fuse is good and so is the relay. only one halo comes on with the high beams. the halos had a red/white wire that run into a relay it looked like, then only 2 red wires came out which should go to the parking light. i tried hooking them up 2 different ways and neither worked. i ran ground wires from the white wires on the other side and they still didnt work, so right now im not f-ing with it. they look good on the truck though.

high beam, hard to see halo is light up

IMG_1937.jpg

parking lights, no halo even though it looks like it

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did it right. Cant figure out what might be wrong. Brown and ground is what you nee . Way I hooked mine up on the 06. When ever the orange parking lights were on they were on. Whether the fogs were on , or if I was un locking them.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did it right. Cant figure out what might be wrong. Brown and ground is what you nee . Way I hooked mine up on the 06. When ever the orange parking lights were on they were on. Whether the fogs were on , or if I was un locking them.

did yours have the red and white wires go into a relay then only red come out?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Mine just had a red and black wire, red to the brown. black to the ground. Worked great. I think Jkmotorsports has those, might shoot him a PM, or maybe he will see this thread.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Those sound like they are wired a little different than mine. Try connecting both red wires to the brown parking light wires. The halo's ground might be connected with the other circuits already in the housing. If that's the case, then the red wires might be the positive side for both pairs of halos. If you hooked one to ground and the other to positive, that might be why only one is coming on. That's all I can think of unless I can actually see the housings and all the wires.