Heater control valve vacuum hose size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vacuum hose for my heater control valve disintegrated, bad enough I couldn't even read the writing on it

Can anyone tell me what sized vacuum hose is used for this valve?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut a section off and take it to the parts store, IIRC it is 1/4", but it has been a few years since I had a rig with that valve....

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut a section off and take it to the parts store, IIRC it is 1/4", but it has been a few years since I had a rig with that valve....

There is nothing left of the hose

Where the vacuum hose goes it looks about the thickness of a Q-tip's shaft

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's small, I suspect I never had to take that one off, so perhaps a 1/8" hose, can you take the valve to the autoparts store?

Go to the store, have them look up the valve and pull it off the shelf and size the hose for you.....

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going to O'Reilly's where the associate cut off a bit of tube so we could take it outside and match it up, ended up buying a couple feet and it cost me.....$0.63!

Which was good, because I didn't have my wallet and had to dip into my change supply in my handy, dandy, Chevrolet standard, coin collector