Hello, im new, and have some Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bravo-Four

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

Im new to these forums and have a few questions if any of you 07 and up owners could lend me some of your valuable expertise, it would be appreciated.

I am thinking about purchasing an 08 or 09 Tahoe. I will be serving another tour here soon and I'll be able to save alot of money in addition to a rather sizeable bonus that will allow me to purchase the Tahoe. My main question is if anyone has pictures of new lifted Tahoe's. I plan on going with a 6" lift min with a min of 35" tires on 18" wheels. If someone has pictures of something similar, if you could give me a picture of what Im imagining, that would be great.

I have not decided on the hybrid, or the next best model (sorry, went to chevy.com earlier, not too familiar with the model names yet)

Thank you for your time.

Bravo-Four

Reaction score
Well, havent heard anything back, figured I would give my thread a bump.

Yesterday I went in to the chevy dealer and looked at them and got to sit in an 08 dark blue one. Damn I cant believe how nice these new tahoes are!! I really want one baaaad now. Simply a great ride through and through.

well, if anyone has answers for my questions above, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to search through the picture category or go to car domain and look up '07-'08 Tahoe's

Bravo-Four

Reaction score
thanks aaron.

heh, looks like eeeeveryone on car domain has lowered their 07-08 tahoe.

Didnt see a one lifted tahoe! I know I'll find it if I keep looking. The lowered ones look sweet, but I intend to use my 4x4 here and there, in addition to looking sharp.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lifted Hybrid would be interesting....

Wonder if any of the suspension parts are similar. i believe the hybrid sits a little lower then a factory tahoe.

Hybrid and lifted.... just doesnt seem like they really go togethor. Wonder if additional strain from the taller tires would cause issues with hybrid system (doubt it though)

Bravo-Four

Reaction score
Thats a pretty valid point, I might consider not doing the hybrid option. Its definetly getting lifted on 18's, so I'll have to stay away from that.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a pretty valid point, I might consider not doing the hybrid option. Its definetly getting lifted on 18's, so I'll have to stay away from that.

You do NOT want a Hybrid if you're lifting it. It's meant to sit stock low, with it's different fascias, deflectors, etc. and to be as light weight as possible to work best with the Hybrid system and fuel economy.

Otherwise:
LS = Base, with cloth seats and a front bench only, a standard center bench, and optional 3rd row. Few extra options. Black door handles & no foglights.
1LT = Cloth trim again, but standard front buckets, center bench, and optional third row, with a whole assortment of options from sunroof to 20" wheels. No Nav, power liftgate, etc. though.
2LT = Same as the 1LT but leather instead of cloth and can be optioned with Nav and middle bucket seats. Lowest trim with Z71 package option.
3LT = Most things standard, the upgraded leather seats with heat & memory and dual power on each side, signal mirrors, 17" wheels standard with 20" optional, optional Nav, optional power liftgate, optional middle bucket seats, optional power fold middle seats, etc. Also, Z71 package option.
LTZ = The "loaded-loaded" one with essentially everything standard from 20" wheels to power liftgate, chrome mirrors/grille/door handles, optional power running boards, and Autoride electronic suspension.

So, from that list, if you're going to lift, also stay away from the LTZ with the electronic suspension. You can still equip a 3LT with everything an LTZ has aside from the extra chrome bits, however. Or, if you want lower, the 1LT and 2LT are very a la carte, just separated by cloth vs. leather and also not able to have some options relegated to higher trims. OR, go the purest of all, and with an LS with the front bench and very few options for the lowest price.

If it's in the budget...I'd recommend 2LT or 3LT with the Z71 off-road package and it's own unique look, plus 18" wheels (others have 17" or 20"), unique suspension, etc. Just a best guess, since you want to lift, and assuming you'd like the most matching look to begin with.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some random pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...oryZ6156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1b33_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-T...oryZ6156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

7297_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...oryZ6156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4803_4.JPG

jgenb1

Reaction score
I bought 2008 Chevy Tahoe hybrid to export my country because of no tax for hybrid car. I want it to my my hunting truck and put 5 inch Rough country lift kit, Iron Bull steel bumper, Rockstar wheel, Nitto trial grappler. I am still working on my truck. once ready share my experience