help me choose an exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, i want to do an aftermarket exhaust. on my previous trucks i've always just gone to the exhaust shop and had dual custom exhaust done straight out the back, usually with flowmasters or no mufflers.

on my 05 tahoe, i dont want it to be near that loud. im thinking i would like a single sided exhaust that exits in the factory location. I'm mainly looking for a little increase in performance, a nicer tone, and abit louder than stock.

Is the single sided Gibson a good one?

I've considered just having a flowmaster installed in place of my current muffler and keeping the stock pipes - but would i see any performance change doing that?

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what you are saying - I wanted to keep my Yukon looking 'stock' - I may go to a custom exhaust later, but I really just wanted the exact same things you mention - mellow rumble, better performance, etc. You'll find lots of great reviews of full systems - but I agree with LaredoTexas, Magnaflow is the way to go. My review.....http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3337

And yes, there will be a performance change. Not as much as a full cat back system, but a definite improvement. Good luck!

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Magna flow on my Tahoe in place of my stock muffler , Mine was a dual inlet single out let I took it to cole they installed it for 55.00 I paid 95 for muffler at an ebay retailer.

It is my opinion , the stock pipes are big enough for flow when all else is basically stock , I changed for a few reasons , one I added a intake Set up , had PCM programmed by wait4meperformance and wanted a tad more sound.

I am satisfied with results , even lifted and with 35" tires stock gears I get 15.6 mpg mixed driving which was why I did the intake , exhaust and computer tune to begin with.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. have any of you done a tip? i'd like to put a nice tip on it. i dont just want one of those cheapie ones that most exhaust shops sell.

BowTieBandit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
magnaflow is the way to go...

My brother put a Magnaflow muffler on his 07 Hoe, sounds good. He has it exiting on one side with 2 stainless tips. But man the difference in weight between the stock muffler and the MF was unreal! The stocker had to be 50-60 lbs, one heavy son of a gun!

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bassani exhausts are nice and I bit louder and deeper than magnaflow and better performane IMO

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for magnaflow...had local guy do my hoe and my brothers AV---mine was single in/single out....$250.00
no resonance, not "humm" at 50 or 60 mph, just a quiet rumble--i love it-

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add another for Magnaflow. I used the cat-back system which is one piece and came with a great tip.