!!!!help Please!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinggreen803

Reaction score
i have experienced a true loss of power in my truck. I have a 97 tahoe. but i have tried cleaning the fuel system out at the quick lube place for 75 dollars. The same thing but now worse. I really think that it has something to do with the fuel system. I NEED HELP ON THIS ONE. seems like every month i am having problems. I am almost ready to wash my hands with this tahoe.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
If your service engine soon light is on, go get it checked out at any auto parts store that has a scanner and report back here.

kinggreen803

Reaction score
codes that were giving

i took my tahoe to autozone and got the codes read off. I got codes 0151 and 0131 which said that i need to replace the oxygen sensors so i did that and i still have the same problem what do you suggest.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 Sensors would really cause significant loss of power? If anything a misfire here and there...maybe I'm wrong

But anyway...severe loss of power FOR $75 what did the quick lube place do? Thats our first mistake. I would not a take any serious problems to quicklube shop. Its all b.s.

Umm my first thing to check is fuel filter (unscrew it and blow into it) If its hard to gett through...replace it and YOUR fuel pump...its possible for your fuel pump to get messed up but still not function just not efficiently).

Please be more detailed in your worries. (Severe loss of power) is broad subject. What else like rpms? Truck shaking? Means misfiring...does it go au brought way? When you brought ther truck back to the Lube shop what PATHETIC ececuse did they have for robbing you?

GL! Keep posting...but I forsee you taking it TO A REP. Repair Shop.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lazy fuel pumps are a constant problem on these trucks. check or have checked your fuel pressure.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lazy fuel pumps are a constant problem on these trucks. check or have checked your fuel pressure.

97k not a prob.

My buddies 2 dr 99 still on the same fuel pump.. Luck of the draw I guess.

Fuel pump is not one of those parts you cheap out on, unless your dumping the truck right away.