help with a few performance mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam hamm

Reaction score
so ive had my truck for a little bit and im getting tires of the gas milage and performance. its an 03 escalade ext, 6.0, awd.

im about to do a tune up on it and was thinking about getting a few other things done.

the only thing i have right now is a ebay CAI and honestly, i think it made my mpg worse so helpp.

what kind of basic mods would you guys prefer? and i need the brand name for these parts.

im thinking something like tune, exhaust, intake, and a few other little tweaks you guys have been able to squeeze out of these trucks.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well from what ive heard about the Black Bear tune, you should definately look into that as well am i. I always have enjoyed the K&N intakes they seem to do the job pretty good. I have a 40 series flowmaster on my truck right now and i love it but idno if i would suggest it for a escalade, im thinking a magnaflow or something would be better off for you lac

notch8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like K&N intakes but if you like dry filter go AEM or Volant they have good setups for our trucks. Get a tune too. Diablosport Predator for a hand held or Black Bear if you want a truly custom tune.

sam hamm

Reaction score
well from what ive heard about the Black Bear tune, you should definately look into that as well am i. I always have enjoyed the K&N intakes they seem to do the job pretty good. I have a 40 series flowmaster on my truck right now and i love it but idno if i would suggest it for a escalade, im thinking a magnaflow or something would be better off for you lac

yea ive been seeing alot on here about that tune. is it a custom tune or what?

and yea i shouldve just spent the extra 40$ and got a name brand intake but a friend had this one and i figured why not. ill go with k&n or airaid next time i guess. and yea i really want and need exhaust but i dont want anything that i am constantly going to be able to hear in the cabin while on the interstate.

sam hamm

Reaction score
scratch my question on the custom tune part then.

tell me more about this black bear tune? how is it installed?

sam hamm

Reaction score
i appreciate the help guys. i will definantly check out the links

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i VERY recently installed a few of the standard bolt on mods (Intake and Muffler)

The only reason i did so was to support the BB tune that i am on the waiting list for. i will keep you updated in the coming weeks of my experience, however i have the 5.3 and not the ever so lovely 6.0