Help with the leather!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked before, but who do I need to go to about getting the leather on my front seats replaced? I want the factory leather, but I don't know whether to take it to my Chevy dealer or take it to an auto upholstery shop. I know some people do it themselves, but honesty I don't have the time or patience to deal with it, I'd rather just pay.

I swear it gets worse every day, I just noticed a tiny tiny rip starting to form right between my legs in the front. My seats are probably worse than the average '04 because I usually take this car on short trips and I'm always sliding in and out. The creases and cracks just make it look like its got a million miles on it. What do I need to do :eek: ??

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats like a million dollar question I also have this problem and i'm at the point of looking for cloth seats for my hoe i dont even care if it's not matching the rest of the truck

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay has hundreds of Yukon/Tahoe leather replacement sets for a few hundred if you want to go that route. It would probably still take a pro to put them in right.

YukonKing

Reaction score
I ordered & installed the leather seat bottom in my 01 yukon it wasn't too difficult although it takes a couple hours. The ebay store is called The Seat Shop, it made my interior look 100% better.

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked it up, you can go to this link

http://stores.ebay.com/theseatshop

**just so everyone knows, i purchased from these folks, and it was here super quick, and actually looked better quality than the original; replaced it myself in about 2 hours;
the folks at the local trim shop here in Bham told me they are frequently redoing the seat bottoms on these vehicles--

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**just so everyone knows, i purchased from these folks, and it was here super quick, and actually looked better quality than the original; replaced it myself in about 2 hours;
the folks at the local trim shop here in Bham told me they are frequently redoing the seat bottoms on these vehicles--

But does it match well enough that I could replace the bottom and not the top without it looking mismatched?

Anybody know what the name is for the grey interior? Is it graphite? This?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...ryZ33702QQihZ002QQitemZ120238845635QQtcZphoto

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

c19dale

Reaction score
I called a local shop a while back here in Orlando. They would do all three rows in better quality leather than the stock seats for around 1,000. They would do it however you wanted, two tone, different color stiching, roped edeges, whatever. When I get around to doing it, They will be doing it for me.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called a local shop a while back here in Orlando. They would do all three rows in better quality leather than the stock seats for around 1,000. They would do it however you wanted, two tone, different color stiching, roped edeges, whatever. When I get around to doing it, They will be doing it for me.

i gotta find a place like that around here, i want the denali two tone colors in my yukon. i may even spring for cashmere leather like in the cadillacs.

YukonKing

Reaction score
Yes, you can replace the bottom without the top, it matches pretty well, if it all looked brand new it would throw the whole inside off. After installation I took some warm soapy water and a brush & scrubbed my old leather & them saturated it with leather cleaner & conditioner Meguiers I think. Let it sit about 15 minutes then wiped them off and let dry looks almost perfect. Remember your leather is essentially skin & you wouldn't let you skin be dry & not wash it do your seats the same way. Mine was ripped from slidding in &out & progressively got worse.

YukonKing

Reaction score
They have all colors at the seat shop, that gray color in the 01 is called shale though it does look grey or tan.