Help with tire size from u'all with 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am getting a real good deal on some 22's I am going to have to put tires on them though which is where my question comes in. I can either run a 305/40/22 or a 305/45/22 I am leaning towards the 45 for more sidewall. Should I go to like a 285 or something I want the best ride and MPG's I can with 22's my suspension is all stock now I know that the 305/45/22 will rub in tight turns according to some of you all on here.

Help me out I please this is my family ride and I dont want to lose that much gas mileage and def. what as close to the same ride as possible.

My tire guys are telling me that the 305 being so wide will not drive as good as a 285 would. IDK? Help

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 305/45/22's on mine and it rides better with them then my stockers. IMO I'd go with them you might lose a couple of miles but thats it,but you'll get a better ride quality.

YAYSTA

Reaction score
i got 305/45/22 tires and really like em next tires will be 305/35/22 i dont like the look of the bigger side wall drive good i dont got no problems. i would go with some 305s they look nice and wide and give the truck a different look as far as 285s there isnt a huge difference between the two i think its like 1 inch. there really isnt a way to get good mpg's when you ridin 22's