HELP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, so the a/c was going to get fixed this week, finally, but i hit another snag on Sunday night. i walked outside to head to work and the hoe wouldn't even start!!!:mad:

it has btw 12-14 volts on the batt gauge on the dash, and the starter sounds like it is turning over, but it won't fire.....

could it be that it isn't getting fuel or something of that sort??

any help or suggestions would be great!!! thanks!! :thumbsup:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be because of the engine not receiving enough fuel like you said or it could be your spark plugs or maybe the starter itself

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's the spark plugs...it would run rough before it quit completely. My guess is a clogged fuel filter or a blow fuel pump fuse/bad fuel pump. Check your fuse bank first...if your fuel pump fuse is blown, you can replace it and at least get your truck running again, but thats a bad sign. That means the pump is working too hard and is drawing too much current - a sure sign that it's on it's way out. That's what happened on my grand prix.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked the fuses, one was good, but i haven't shot the other. gonna take home a meter from work in the morning and see what i get out of it.

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your fuel level, with these fuel prices theres alot of fuel thieves around...

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it still reads about where it should gauge wise.....didn't have that much left in the tank. i was gonna fill it up sunday night when i came on base. i'm just hopin that i didnt burn up the pump.....