HHEEEELPPP!-again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was carrying some tools in the back and they scratched the rear door on the plastic. Any suggestions to get rid of em'?

PondVu

Reaction score
So I was carrying some tools in the back and they scratched the rear door on the plastic. Any suggestions to get rid of em'?

My suggestion....throw those tools away.:smilielol: Is that the suggestion you were looking for? I use a product made by Stoner for "polishing" viny trim. Seems to cover blemishes. If you are looking for something to fill gouges this will not work.
POND VU
08 Tahoe LTZ

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its on the door side molding then it can be touched up by a local auto/body shop, but if its deep you may have to buy a new side door molding.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if it were me I really wouldn't be too concerned about it, **** happens. Now if it was one of the actual door panels I might be a little anal about that b/c I would want them to look good b/c people getting in and out can actually seem them but if you use your SUV to haul anything in the back area the rear hatch panel is bound to get scratched up at some point in time.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good ol' plastic chevy interiors like to stratch. esp in the tahoes.. the material used for the plastics below the roof liner and rear hatch scratch really easily, as i have come to find out.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, give those tools to me. Oh, you mean the scratches? All joking aside, I'd like to know too, got some of those myself in the back area. Like you, I can't stand to see scratched plastic. Now I see the Stoner's suggested above, wonder how good that works. I've got some on my roof rack rails from my polisher because I was too stupid to simply slide them out of the way. Not too bad, but I still want them fixed. Any other suggestions fellas?