Hid Conversion Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MWAHAHAHAHA! 93 for shipping!! dude please tell me you arent stoopid enough to order these! shell some coin for a nice set, but dont be dupped by Cheapbay scammers.:lol: if you pay 40 for some Silverstar halogens, why would you trust some $25 HIDs?

NJ04HOE

Reaction score

I did not buy mine from them but I have a similar kit from here http://stores.ebay.com/HID-Outdoor-Equipments , I ordered two kits from them and haven't had any problems with the seller or the kits. BTW, I disagree with some who think that just because the price is low that they are "cheap" kits I have a $300 McCulloch kit in my low beams and a $72 kit in my fogs and in my wifes car and honestly can not tell the difference.
Some people see the buy it now price and automatically assume it's a rip off but the reason for that is if they charge you $20-$30 for the kit and $50-$60 for shipping then they pay less to sell on ebay because ebay doesn't get any of the shipping you charge when you sell something.
I hope I was able to help

Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks NJ04HOE, my thoughts exactly. I've bought things for $20 but the shipping was 3x as much but the product was worth double of the combined which still gave me a awesome deal. Its just a way for the seller to get more in their own pockets.
My reason for asking is because I don't know anything about HID's or what they should cost.
Hey Hoebag03 next time try answering the actual ? or keeping your comment to yourself or at least recommend one that you have had experience with. I wasn't too stupid to buy a Tahoe and get almost $7000 off plus the remote start thrown in as a deal breaker.:thumbsup:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm i was letting you know from experience, but you do what you want. this topic has been discussed over and over agian (the search function is your friend) had a cheap kit that the left bulb blew out in 3 months, not covered under their "warrenty". they may work as well in the begining, but what about 6 months from now? a year? when your no name HIDs fry your 40K trucks electrical...... just my .02, thats why its a forum dude, dont get all pissy because you got someones opinion (BTW McCulloch doesnt sell HID kits in america anymore, so your $300 McCulloch kit is a fake like mine, but at least i only paid 150:Dhttp://www.hidreview.com/) congrats on dupping the dealer out of a $200 remote start buddy!

Last edited:

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
umm i was letting you know from experience, but you do what you want. this topic has been discussed over and over agian (the search function is your friend) had a cheap kit that the left bulb blew out in 3 months, not covered under their "warrenty". they may work as well in the begining, but what about 6 months from now? a year? when your no name HIDs fry your 40K trucks electrical...... just my .02, thats why its a forum dude, dont get all pissy because you got someones opinion (BTW McCulloch doesnt sell HID kits in america anymore, so your $300 McCulloch kit is a fake like mine, but at least i only paid 150:Dhttp://www.hidreview.com/) congrats on dupping the dealer out of a $200 remote start buddy!

First,that was your personal experience if my bulb stopped working after 3 months with a crappy warranty i'd be pissed too but, did it fry your electrical system in your truck?? I'm guessing no.
As far as your comments about how long they last I think it's all B.S. because I have had what you call "a cheap ebay kit" in my wifes car for almost 2 years and my fog light kit for almost a year with no problem what so ever.
Congrats on getting your McCulloch kit for $150, yes I did pay $300 for mine (from a authorized McCulloch distributor) but that was 3 years ago so I am not bitter that you got "a deal" on yours from a forum.
Btw, i'm sure you've heard the saying "Opinions are like *ssholes eveybody's got one".