HID's for 2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sp33demon

Reaction score
I am really getting kind of old or my eyes are going bad, any way you want to look at it. I would really like to get HID lights on my tahoe as the halogens just aren't cutting it anymore.

Anyone have any experience with HID's? Let me know please!@

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get ready to get bombarded with yes. :)
I LOVE mine, plan on even now stepping upto low and high beam....

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting a 6000k or 8000k HID kit, but I wanted some projectors to go with the HID kit. I would rather go with projectors instead of halo's for my lights, but I might just stick with the OEM headlights. What do you guys think about these lights?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...024QQitemZ370059830174QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Has anybody used these or heard anything good or bad about these projectors?

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my HIDs for about 1 week, and they are sweet!:D I find myself wanting it to get darker sooner. Higher level auto, the place to get them. I recommend upgrading your lights.:thumbsup:

sp33demon

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the quick responses. I did some looking around on the net last night and found a few different places.

I found http://www.xenoneyes.com on a few other forums with a 10 dollar discount code (clubintegra) so it comes out to 145... I gave them a call and spoke to someone which was reassuring as I had called some other places to get a machine.

I love the responses though.. I am going to order soon and should put up pictures of my new HID's!

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID's are whats up! Def recommend www.higherlevelauto.com I've ordered 4 sets from them...great product, excellent customer service, and reasonable price. Be careful searching around b/c everyone says that "McCulloch" is the best brand, but that brand doesnt exist (long story) lol, simple enough - don't buy any HIDS with the McCulloch brand stamped on it haha...

Idahoe

Reaction score
Also be careful with the projector headlights off EBAY some of them come with H3 lamps and NOT the stock 9006 lamps, has anyone tried the H3 HID kits?

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I'm definitely going to go with the HID's, but I'm not sure if I want to run it with the stock lights, or put on some projectors with the HID's. Too bad GM doesn't make OEM projectors for the hoe.

sp33demon

Reaction score
I should be installing mine this weekend. I would definitely recommend xenoneyes.com to anyone. Got the package quick and product seems nice. I will let you all know more.