HIDs write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my HIDs from Higher Level. :thumbsup:They came in on Sat. but I haven't installed them yet, no instructions in the box. Can someone tell me how to install them? I would like to get them asap. thanks:D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
open your hood.

put the bulbs in the housings...

mount the ballests.

plug the one female plug in to the stock headlight male harness...

plug the relay plugs in to each ballest. then hook up the red wire to the positive on the battery and hook the black on the neg or a secure ground on the frame of the vehicle.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool man thanks. I've been reading its about a 10-20 min install. I try to do them tonight. thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
open your hood.

put the bulbs in the housings...

mount the ballests.

plug the one female plug in to the stock headlight male harness...

plug the relay plugs in to each ballest. then hook up the red wire to the positive on the battery and hook the black on the neg or a secure ground on the frame of the vehicle.

how are ya'll hooking them to the positive of the battery? its impossible with the connector mines got. I had to hook it to the red box near the motor.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are ya'll hooking them to the positive of the battery? its impossible with the connector mines got. I had to hook it to the red box near the motor.

thats actully where i hooked mine up, but you can get an extender (like 4 bucks) for the positive lead. super simple, pop the old one out and put this one in. you can get them at a local auto parts store (advanced, autozone, pepboys, etc)

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i removed the stock positive bolt and replaced it with an aftermarket bolt that has an add on bolt and nut. Thats how i attached my positive cable.

What size wire is the positive cable at cause my inline fuse went bad ...any1 know off the top of their heads?
I got a 100% total light loss running at 65mph tonight with the kids good thing i have center 100watt driving lights/fogs so i'm not a happy camper