High Idle Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pchapin

Reaction score
Friday my 99 Tahoe was fine. Saturday morning when I cranked it up the idle was between 2200 and 2400 rpm. I have checked all hose connections but am at a loss.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the throttle stickin or its just always high? like after you put it in drive does it go down or stay up there??

pchapin

Reaction score
The throttle is completely closed. The idle stays high even when the temp is up to normal. It even stays high when in gear so you have to be sure to hold the brakes on firmly at a stop.
Not driving on street until fixed.

Is the throttle stickin or its just always high? like after you put it in drive does it go down or stay up there??

pchapin

Reaction score
I took the idle air control valve off and the plunger felt frozen. I went to Auto Zone and tried a new one. With very little pressure, I could turn the plunger. Put it on and idle is back to normal.
I just got back from the lake, 110 mile round trip, and everything seems find.

Loomis

Reaction score
my idle goes way up when you put into park, and takes awhile to come back down. like at a stop it will wanna go if your not applying the brakes really good. This is something to do with my distributor being off I was told, because it has a misfire. I got a crank/correlation code the P134A one. Idles really rough when first started.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recently done intake gasket? maybe the sistributor is off one tooth, throwing your timing out.
Im not sure that it would make you idle faster though.. it would run rougher I think.

stepsidemn

Reaction score
high idle 95 yukon

I've replaced plugs wires idle control sensor still idles high 1200 to 1300 rpm. Had friend put computer on temp sensor is fine. need some help.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95 Yukon would be TBI, check TBI base gasket, they tend to suck in and leak....