nah they are easy to program.. radio shack probably couldn't do it.. i mean, all you need is a dime, put it in the lil pry hole, pop it open, go ahead and take it all apart, clean where the buttons are both on the eletronic part, and the rubber inside of the buttons part.. get a new batt.. while on your way home, if it is possible, stop in an auto-zone most of them around here have a lil thing setting at the counter where you can test your remotes, just aim it at it and press one of the buttons if it is working it will light up.. and then:
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Notice port is wider on top row)
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire (paperclip) (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be programmed.
5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.
Thank you GMCYukalade.