how to upgrade 1994 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportblazer350

Reaction score
I own a 1994 Blazer with the original 350 v8, has 253,000 miles. I know it won't run forever, and I want more than 200 horsepower. So- what do I do? is there a way to buy a newer model 350 v8 with more power? I would like about 300-350 hp.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could get a vortec block, an edlebrock 2114? intake manifold (vortec to carb), a carb to TBI mounting plate, some headders.. etc...

That being said, my truck has 299,390 miles on it and it recently got a reman engine installed, not due to it being worn out, but due to the fact the PO had ran the thing too long with a lower intake gasket leak and kept adding water to it (water freezes). It ran great, just leaked water behind Drivers side exhaust manifold.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the vortec engine upgrade, you would put all your TBI stuff on it to keep it computer controlled except the intake would be an adapter to buffer from TBI injection to Vortec heads AFAIK this has been done by many people and isn't too terribly difficult... Search around on the forum I bet you will find a few that have done it...