How well do Tahoes hold up past 100K? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its funny how you mentioned the crown vic we have one in our company that has over 400,000 on the clock

revbco

Reaction score
My Uncle has a yukon with 170k. I bought my denali with 80k.
I put about 6000 miles on over the last two months and by the end of the year I should have over 100k.
I also had a Silverado with the same engine as the Denali and it had 106k before it was wrecked in a accident. (I should post some pics)

B.

djtecthreat

Reaction score
Careful with that 4L60E. Make sure its got good fluid and it hasn't been abused. I blew up 1 in my '93 Suburban and 1 in my '96 Tahoe. The tahoe is @ 178,000mi and the Suburban was at 300,000mi though. Tahoe has had both and engine and Tranny swap.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just sold my wife's 2003 Z71 a couple days ago. It had 103k on it, literally all highway, we drove it between Atlanta and Clearwater at least once a week. Probably could have taken it up to at least 150k, but the extended warranty was up and I decided we would do better just to trade it and enjoy a new one. All she did to it was scheduled maintnence, oil change every 4k (I do mine every 3k), brakes, things like that. Had a couple issues with the transfer case and replaced the alternator and A/C compressor, but none of those were terribly expencive and all were covered under the GM extended warranty.

zeokter

Reaction score
Bought mine with 98k in october, put 4k on it already no problems. Wanted one for 11yrs. I sold my bmw, took a lil loss to get her and don't have any regrets. You should consider gas prices though as im sure the pathfinder better mpg. I'm getting about 380 miles a tank and pay around $70-75. Hurts the pockets but im rollin in my dream ride. Since im only on this rock for so long, might aswell enjoy it!

ronjeremy6

Reaction score
my 01 has 149k and runs perfectly. it has a few small quirks that i deal with, but as far as the drivetrain it's bulletproof. my father in law has a 98 z71 with 198k and has pulled a trailer it's entire life (he owns a backhoe service company). still using the original engine and tranny.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 Tahoe and JUST hit 100k on it yesterday.

I mean, your going to have take it here and there to maintain it, but it wasn't nothing big. Everything runs good.

Go for it
:]

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how well of a maintenance program you have. If you keep up on everything it will last a long time. If you beat it to death I wouldn't look for it to last very long. Also, in my experience, any mods (lifting, lowering, performance enhancers) usually reduce the life of the vehical.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
A week ago I had a 01 Silverado 5.3 in the shop with a little over 245,000 miles. Engine seemed to idle and run fine. I asked the owner if it had the original engine and he nodded. Said he never had any major issues.
Mine's just a few thousand shy of 100K. Only problem I've had so far is the EBCM's abs power amplifier go bad on me. No issues other than that, knock on wood.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, make sure you grease those zerks or your front end will clunk around.

What exactly does that mean?

I just rolled 130 on mine. Needed new shocks and brakes - only major maintenance so far. I'm expecting transmission will go FAR before that engine does.

Electrical is a stinker on all GMs, though. I have quirks with my electrical:

- driver's DRL blown 2x
- passenger Fog blown once
- rear driver's window won't roll down sometimes
- sometimes remote simply does not register - even bought a brand new remote and it didn't solve the issue.

I had to actually use the key to open the door. Next thing you know I'll actually have to roll down the windows.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had problems with GM's power windows since my first GM WITH power windows :smilielol: . The first one I had with PW's was a 1991 Buick Lesabre (company car) and they always seem to go around the 100k mark on all of the GM's that I have kept that long. It's strange, they've had 20 years to fix it!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have trouble with my yukons windows, i have trouble with my microsoft windows. like every minuite. :cryin: :skep:

i think the only real issue i have had is my heat, called the dealer and they said it was the heater core, bringing it in tommarrow, i asked them how that can happen they said by leaving the snow flake on and using heat, it confuses the system ( his words that may be completly wrong) but if it is right then it was my fault for it happening. :ktoe:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have trouble with my yukons windows, i have trouble with my microsoft windows. like every minuite. :cryin: :skep:

i think the only real issue i have had is my heat, called the dealer and they said it was the heater core, bringing it in tommarrow, i asked them how that can happen they said by leaving the snow flake on and using heat, it confuses the system ( his words that may be completly wrong) but if it is right then it was my fault for it happening. :ktoe:

Oh ****, I leave the snowflake on all the time. It seems like the air comes out the top vents too when you leave it on, so I've always done it.