How well do Tahoes hold up past 100K? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01tahoe33

Reaction score
i've got a 01 tahoe, 5.3 auto 4x4, 451 000 kms. and good for another 400 000 lol

thibert35

Reaction score
Just bought an '05 with 88k on it. So far I love it, only complaint is no auxillary ports. I'm sure I can fix that. I hope these hold up like my '95 Yukon. Just put her to rest this last weekend with almost 322k miles on it. The transmission sprung a leak and I figured it was time to stop wrenching for a while and get something I don't have to worry about. The only thing that really stinks about dropping the yukon is I JUST replaced the fuel pump about a month ago. Let me tell you, getting that back in while I was under the truck on my garage floor was a pain in the ass. The only other two things that were replaced: water pump twice, and an alternator.

That Yukon was a nothing short of a tank. I hope I can get something close to those miles with the '05.

dickthemooner

Reaction score
Mine has 218000. No real issues for a car with this many miles. I'll keep it at least another 100000 miles. Many have told me it rides better than their Escalade.

aplagens

Reaction score
Mines at 200k and had the front end rebuilt, transfer case leak from pump rub, and just put new hubs on the front. For a 11 year old truck with that many miles and ten Michigan winters, shes holding on strong! All other issues have been basic mechanical things. Im putting new shocks and brakes on her soon, too!!

ccapehart1017

Reaction score
my 02 has 134k and ive only had to replace so far the water pump rear main seal fuel pump and i currently need a new set of shocks
oh and ive had to replace all the window regulators after 100k
and valve cover seals also still runs like a champ
before i owned it before 100k miles my perents replaced the blower motor for the ac

rickcott

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe that had 23K miles on it when I bought it. It now has 391K miles. Original motor. Have replaced the water pump twice - just put one on it last week. A/C system is original - never been worked on. At 350K had to replace driveshaft spline, old one was worn smooth. LOL
Only complaint is the dinky little 292 ci engine. Not much power, 17-18 mpg but a LOT of comfort. Rides very well, only one minor rattle in the dash. My wife loves it, told me NOT to sell or trade it.
Oops - forgot to mention that the CD player went out; mailed it off for depot repair; all good now.

Doug Phillips

Reaction score
Mine Tahoe is a '00 LT it has 378K does great tho just keep up with the maintenance my 02 Silverado also 250k both are 4x4 . I love'em both .