i cant access my headlamps if my life depended on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alight everyone, i've been trying to figure this out for a while now, and i've decided ill just get it done and over with tonight. everyone has told me its two bolts on the top and they come straight out, because there is a metal plate and battery behind the front right headlamp. but the two bolts i see on top lie horizontal, not vertical, and there is two of them. are these what i should be taking out, it doesnt look like it will help but if you guys says so? it looks like id have to take the whole grille off but i know this cant be the case because changing headlight bulbs is common and gmc wouldnt make it difficult.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the headlights you dont have to take the whole front end off all you have to do is open the hood and look and you will see right above the headlights just like the greyish silver things in the picture but yours will most likley be black. If you unscrew them and take them out you should be able to just slide the whole headlight assembly out and just put your bulbs in then stick them back in there and put those screws back in and you will be good to go.

Attachments

• headlights12.jpg
    headlights12.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i thought, but i looked and i only see 2 running horizontally. unless, there hidden under this big piece of metal on top of the headlights?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you take a picture of it because i dont remember 2 running horizontal

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can try, idk if ill be able to snag one with my iphone in the dark lighting.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pix are of a 95, but I assume it is the same. There are two male hex heads sticking straight up. One in the corner next to the fender and the other about in the middle of the fixture. They are 5mm if you happen to have a small socket. In the second picture the socket is on the corner stud.

These bolts have a flange half way on the shank that hold the fixture below. Unscrew and pull them straight up and the headlamp assembly will come out the front. Good luck.....:cool:

Attachments

• DSC02591.JPG
    DSC02591.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC02592.JPG
    DSC02592.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 7

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is what i was talking about

No disrespect intended, but the average bear is looking for conventional screws or bolts. These fasteners are anything but conventional. They look like a allen wrench.

I thought the added description of the hex head would help.

Many people think they are headlamp adjusters. :)