I need some swap ?s answered PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teeyon206

Reaction score
I have a 1999 2dr Tahoe 5.7 SFI thats smoking like hell. Engine is all complete and has 330K. I bought the truck about a month ago and it wasnt running. (had been stolen) Fixed the ignition/ passlock issues got it cranked and running. runs really good except all the smoke. smoke isnt white/bluiesh or black. I changed the oil once i got it started and there arent any leaks. Standing near the exaust it smells really gassy. dunno what to do. (SHRuGG!) I let it run last weekend for about 2 hours and the smoking stopped but when i took it out for a tester it started again when i was driving. (SHRuGG)!

**NOW**

I have action at a 1996 4 door 5.7L TBI... (CHEAP $500) bad tranny. I went and checked it and it fired up TOUCH OF THE KEY! PROMISE!! sounds great no ticks oils good new radiator and lots of other new stuff.

**SO?**

Can i buy this truck pull the engine and add my exterior parts (intake, plenum, pulleys etc.) and add them onto the TBI engine that runs great? Ive been looking trough alot of threads and the info was kinda choppy.

Teeyon206

Reaction score
!

There are things i noticed immed by ust looking that were different. for ex. alt/ac were opposite on each motor. i just wanna use the block and get going. can someone please just lay it out for me what i need to swap and what i need to modify in order to swap.
I saw a few people saying:

you gotta use the 99 heads
You have to use the 99 timing chain
you have use the 99 timing chain cover because of the crank sensor
use the 99 exaust manifolds (02 sensors)

ETC!! I FUGGIN CONFUSED!!!

im great with the tools, wiring and fabwork if needed! I just need to know exactly wtf i gotta do!! :(

Teeyon206

Reaction score
20130806_104406_resized_1_zps3ad5c7e6.jpg

Teeyon206

Reaction score
Ordered engine mount plates and flex plate spacer then went to the junkyard and grabbed 6.0L zero (0) degree flexplate and dropped that bitch in! Working on my harness rt now.

Teeyon206

Reaction score
So heres where i need some input and help!

Im running my stock '99 tranny and i dont know what to use from the 02 harness for that. Or use from the stock **** in the truck for it. Im ready to pop open the stock harness and start removing the stuff im not using.