Idiots at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

car-15

Reaction score
I dropped my Tahoe off at the dealer for some "we owe" work to be completed. They had it for 3 days to get it all complete. I got the call that it was ready to go, so I went to get it and when I arrived I noticed that some jackass had screwed a plastic license plate with the dealers name on it to the front bumper.

I about lost my mind. The bumper was perfect before that. No holes, just 2 dimples where the screws would go. Mind you that this is a used truck (16,000 miles). The dealer tried to claim that there was a plate on it before I bought it but that is BS. I pay close attention to every detail of the Tahoe and I know for a fact there was nothing there to begin with.

They said that they would fix it which is cool but I am pissed as hell.

How would you guys handle it?

Thanks!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally I would have kicked their AZZ. But I would have still ended up with two holes on my bumper . you did the right thing.

car-15

Reaction score
Trust me, I was hotter than a three peckered goat. I'm sure they will take care of it and It will probably look nicer than stock (The repair will cover the two "Dimples" that are there from the factory) but it still chaps my ass. I just can't figure out how some asshat thought it would be a good idea to put two holes in my bumper!:cuss:

Maybe I will bitch enough to get a few more free oil changes. What do you think? Bitch, or just let it ride?

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped my Tahoe off at the dealer for some "we owe" work to be completed. They had it for 3 days to get it all complete. I got the call that it was ready to go, so I went to get it and when I arrived I noticed that some jackass had screwed a plastic license plate with the dealers name on it to the front bumper.

I about lost my mind. The bumper was perfect before that. No holes, just 2 dimples where the screws would go. Mind you that this is a used truck (16,000 miles). The dealer tried to claim that there was a plate on it before I bought it but that is BS. I pay close attention to every detail of the Tahoe and I know for a fact there was nothing there to begin with.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about that. You did what is right, they offer themselves to fix it, so let them.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I was hotter than a three peckered goat. I'm sure they will take care of it and It will probably look nicer than stock (The repair will cover the two "Dimples" that are there from the factory) but it still chaps my ass. I just can't figure out how some asshat thought it would be a good idea to put two holes in my bumper!:cuss:

Maybe I will bitch enough to get a few more free oil changes. What do you think? Bitch, or just let it ride?

I think you should bitch make them pay up for the incovnience they have put you through.
Off topic-
One of the first things I did when I got my tahoe was to remove the license plate frame and decals with the dealership name on it. you got to pay me if you want me to advertise your dealership! even with all the crap i have in my tahoe there isn't a single sticker to "brag" about what I got installed. maybe if I drove a rice-burner boyracer car I would!

car-15

Reaction score
I think you should bitch make them pay up for the incovnience they have put you through.
Off topic-
One of the first things I did when I got my tahoe was to remove the license plate frame and decals with the dealership name on it. you got to pay me if you want me to advertise your dealership! even with all the crap i have in my tahoe there isn't a single sticker to "brag" about what I got installed. maybe if I drove a rice-burner boyracer car I would!

I agree 100%. I am removing the decal in the morning. I am just really still pissed off. I want this fixed RIGHT NOW. It's killing me that I have to wait until Monday before I know when it's going to be scheduled to be taken care of.

I am also pissed that I told my salesman on Wednesday to have a set of the molded splash guards installed while it was in. When he called to tell me it was done, I asked if the splash guards were installed, he was like..."Uh.... Let me check and call you back".

He called back and told me that they had to be ordered and would be here Tuesday. If he would have followed up on it last Wednesday, when I dropped it off, the splash guards would have been there yesterday or today and could have been installed.

Is it asking too much for a salesman to handle this stuff? Is customer service dead? WTF? over. I guess that I am just bummed that the Tahoe isn't done. Maybe I am expecting too much. I don't know. I can just hear the service manager now "put a dealership plate on the front of that truck boy.... We gots to advertise". :mad2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep my dealer name on the kon, reason i did is in this area they charge you a "advertising fee" mine was like 1800 and they said if i kept the name on the vehicle they would take out the advertising fee, now it may have been a trick but i have heard of the advertising fees at other dealers in other states too. so im not sure.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep my dealer name on the kon, reason i did is in this area they charge you a "advertising fee" mine was like 1800 and they said if i kept the name on the vehicle they would take out the advertising fee, now it may have been a trick but i have heard of the advertising fees at other dealers in other states too. so im not sure.

WTF.

Must be like the desert protection package they offer in Arizona! :lol:

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would have lost it...and probably wouldve been banned from the dealership lol....I'd ask for one with 0 miles and some free rims : )

Advertising Fee?? Would have laughed in there face rotflmao :smilielol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would have lost it...and probably wouldve been banned from the dealership lol....I'd ask for one with 0 miles and some free rims : )

you guys are lucky that you dont need a front licence plate, here its illeagle except on 85 and back cars. i would love a clean bumper but sadly i cant.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Advertising Fee?? Would have laughed in there face rotflmao :smilielol:

they are at all the dealers around here, they say i found them by advertising and i need to pay for some, i dont get it, but apperentyl it pays for somthing, kinda like the gas guzzler tax the chargers, for gts, shelbys gt's, porches cyanne turbo s, etc . :cuss:

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I call BS on this one. It's your truck Thunder, take the stickers off if ya want. The plumber make you wear his t-shirt in VA too :D

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

That's weird I never heard of that.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the enclave forum they metion it all the time, let me find some links as it is true. look at the bottom of the screen when a car commercial comes on, it will say price does not include tax, title, advertising fees, etc.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advertising Fees :hook1: :bs:

now that I think about it they always mention "dealer addons" :cuss:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Small claims court for damage, stress, time lost for use of vehicle, fraud.
But, if you have an attorney friend, and you want to spend a bit on filing fees you can sue for the value of the truck plus. Personally, I would sue for a new truck, why let them off easy.

car-15

Reaction score
Small claims court for damage, stress, time lost for use of vehicle, fraud.
But, if you have an attorney friend, and you want to spend a bit on filing fees you can sue for the value of the truck plus. Personally, I would sue for a new truck, why let them off easy.

That is WAY more than I think I should do. If they are willing to fix it then why should I go throught the litigation process? I have several atty. friends but I think what you propose is a bit much.

I'll see if I can squeeze a few more free oil changes out of them.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is WAY more than I think I should do. If they are willing to fix it then why should I go throught the litigation process? I have several atty. friends but I think what you propose is a bit much.

I'll see if I can squeeze a few more free oil changes out of them.

The reason is that the dealer probably does that to everybody and I doubt anybody complains. They need some punishment.

Good dealers need referrals, bad dealers need punishment.

ntitan06

Reaction score
Personally I think you are overreacting. Two little holes where the license plates go. Is not a big deal to be honest with you, but I guess everyone here have their own pet peeves...... The advertising I do understand. You might be able to get a couple of free oil changes......