Idiots at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think you are overreacting. Two little holes where the license plates go. Is not a big deal to be honest with you, but I guess everyone here have their own pet peeves...... The advertising I do understand. You might be able to get a couple of free oil changes......

My peeve is not the holes, it is a dealer doing something to your property that you did not OK or request.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while i agree its over reacting to demand a new truck, but its the principal of the thing that they feel they can do what ever they want to YOUR TRUCK.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The law here in California specifies a front license plate, but I would say a good 30% of Californians break that law daily. Its one of those things that no cop will pull you over for and probably no cop would even mention it if they'd pulled you over for some other infraction. I took the front plate off my Z71 because I wanted to show off that sweet Zed facia! Two holes be dammed!

car-15

Reaction score
Personally I think you are overreacting. Two little holes where the license plates go. Is not a big deal to be honest with you, but I guess everyone here have their own pet peeves...... The advertising I do understand. You might be able to get a couple of free oil changes......

I guess it just pissed me off that the front of the truck was perfect and now I have two holes in my once perfect bumper cover. I live in a state that does NOT require a front plate and I wanted to keep it clean. I was just sick over it.:mad3:

Everyone has their own threshold for this stuff but paying as much as I did for the truck I wanted to keep it nice.

If you think that two little holes where their used to not be is no big deal then let me come over with my cordless drill and put a couple in your door. While I realize that isn't the same, it makes no difference to me.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with my Ram. The Ram bumper is smooth up there and doens't have a recessed area. It was WAY obvious. I immediately demanded repairs. They filled and then repainted the entire bumper cover.

I know where you are coming from. Stand up against this but don't get carried away.

If you finalized a deal, drove off and took it home. They cannot charge you the fee after the fact. Too bad if they forgot the plate in the first place. No advertising fee applies.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel you 100%, car-15!!! ESPECIALLY, since you live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate! I'd be trippin' too!!! FULL TILT!!! :mad2: ...and I thought I was the only one who cared about stupid front license plates mugging up a vehicle's grille!!! :yaya:

I'm pissed off now w/ two color-coded screws (dealer installed) in the front of my Hoe's bumper where the plate goes, but requires no front plate. But even more, I'm pissed because when I get my new plates for my wife's new TL-S, I have to put the front one on!--(registered in different state as the Hoe) I CAN'T STAND FRONT PLATES!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: IMO, all states should go to the rear-only plate system! Front plates detract so much from the vehicle's overall appeal, IMO. We were luv'n it when we had AZ plates (rear only). My Maxima didn't have a mark on the front bumper and it was all black--you know how black colored cars are! It looked sweet w/o the front tag! But now I'm going to have to cover the "ACURA" insignia on her front bumper because front plate is mandatory. I'll put it on because I just don't want the hassle of being pulled over. We're always in a rush somewhere, so that would just make matters even worse if I got pulled over in her ride.

Anyway, enuff ranting... :rolleyes2: I hope they do a good job plugging the holes!!!

Last edited:

car-15

Reaction score
I feel you 100%, car-15!!! ESPECIALLY, since you live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate! I'd be trippin' too!!! FULL TILT!!! :mad2: ...and I thought I was the only one who cared about stupid front license plates mugging up a vehicle's grille!!! :yaya:

I'm pissed off now w/ two color-coded screws (dealer installed) in the front of my Hoe's bumper where the plate goes (FL tag in rear) and I have no plate to put on the front. But even more, I'm pissed because when I get my NJ plates for my wife's new TL-S, I have to put the front one on! I CAN'T STAND FRONT PLATES!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: IMO, all states should go to the rear-only plate system! Front plates detract from the vehicle's overall appeal, IMO. We were luv'n it when we had AZ plates (rear only). My Maxima didn't have a mark on the front bumper and it was all black--you know how black colored cars are! It looked sweet w/o the front tag! But now I'm going to have to cover the "ACURA" insignia on her front bumper because NJ requires front plate. I'll put it on because I just don't want the hassle of being pulled over. We're always in a rush somewhere, so that would just make matters even worse if I got pulled over in her ride.

Anyway, enuff ranting... :rolleyes2: I hope they do a good job plugging the holes!!!

I'm sure they will take care of it, as they at this point have gotten everything right except the splash guards and the license plate F**K up.

It 's funny too, as my Father in law asked me the first day that I got it "What plate are ya' gonna put on the front?". He has an American flag on his. I told him that under no circumstances would I put anything on the front of it. I told him that I loved the way it looked from the factory.

Karma is a bitch sometimes!

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behold!! I'm the Hoe Whisperer and I need to tell you all that you need to have an asertive calm energy level around your Hoe as you don't want her to get depress and start thinking about self inflict some injuries.:hlp:

Now the serious part, I'm with all of you in that the Dealers think they can do whatever they want to our vehicle and then only say Sorry to fix everything. I say you get the most you can out of them, get them back hard!!!:twak: they really don't care about people they just care about selling cars and over charging customer for service. I say hit them :susel:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behold!! I'm the Hoe Whisperer and I need to tell you all that you need to have an asertive calm energy level around your Hoe as you don't want her to get depress and start thinking about self inflict some injuries.:hlp:

No seas mamon! You been watching Ceaser Milian a little too much!

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The enviro-whackos should get in a huff about front plate laws since front plates ruin the aerodynamics and reduce mileage.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't agree.. If you live in a state that doesn't require a front plate and you take your SUV in for service and they start blowing holes in the bumper without asking I think they should have to replace the front cover. Other then that I think is a bit much but I would not be happy if I took my Tahoe in for service and when I picked it up they had drilled holes in the front bumper without asking!! By the way a front cover cost a bit more then a few oil changes. I would not let them off that easy.

Last edited:

car-15

Reaction score
As long as they fix it, I will be cool about it. I will make sure that they take care of it and take care of me. I'll let you know how it works out!

ntitan06

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know the state you are from does NOT require front license plates. Then yes I would be pissed if they drilled holes on my HOE. The part of drilling holes on the door is way different from where the plates would go in any other state. That would call for a good grade A a** whooping.

Bernie Lomax

Reaction score
i keep my dealer name on the kon, reason i did is in this area they charge you a "advertising fee" mine was like 1800 and they said if i kept the name on the vehicle they would take out the advertising fee, now it may have been a trick but i have heard of the advertising fees at other dealers in other states too. so im not sure.

WOW

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do some research, its not just me, they really have that fee in this area. i have also heard of it in other areas.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that a lot of dealers and not just GM have ad fees, document fees, ad nauseum. There all just ADP. Additional Dealer Profit. Just tell them no or you're walking and walk if they won't drop it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that a lot of dealers and not just GM have ad fees, document fees, ad nauseum. There all just ADP. Additional Dealer Profit. Just tell them no or you're walking and walk if they won't drop it.

i like my dealer though, when i first went in there i test drove the yukon i have and said i WANT IT, but noticed the third row had a small rip in it, i said i want this one as it has every option and in the colors i want, so they said ok lets get the paperwork and dealing done and you can pick it up when the new third row seat is in, said fair. but when i came in with my check and to pick the truck up the dealer i delt with was not there ( off for the week), some bimbo blond is the one who took my check and she said that i forgot the 2000 dollar gas guzzler tax, i said O, my dealer didnt tell me about that, she said since its such a big car it has an extra fee, i said ok and went along with it. 8 months later when i mentioned that on here i was told that was stupid, i called them and they remembered me and in a week later i had a check for 2k, so it was the idiot secretery not the dealers fault and i appriceate the dealer actully giveing me my money back for that. i proudly wear their name on the back.

car-15

Reaction score
Dealer had my Hoe all day yesterday. The fixed the bumper and it looks awesome. No dimples, no nothiing, just a nice flat area. They also installed the splashguards so all is good here!!

BTW, I still removed their name from the back!