Idle vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GREECO

Reaction score
I first posted here 2.5 years ago shortly after buying my 2013 Tahoe LTZ. After almost three years and countless visits to the dealership, I'm no closer to solving the problem. It's been frustrating and honestly makes me want to offload the vehicle before the factory warranty expires.

For those of you with the same issue, has anyone found a fix or solution to the problem?

Devilphrog46

Reaction score
Does this only happen with the AC on, vehicle in drive, and brake applied? Mine does the same thing with the conditions above, and you can only hear it when the AC compressor cycles on and off. Sound comes from passenger side of the dash and is very annoying.

GREECO

Reaction score
Does this only happen with the AC on, vehicle in drive, and brake applied? Mine does the same thing with the conditions above, and you can only hear it when the AC compressor cycles on and off. Sound comes from passenger side of the dash and is very annoying.

No, my issue is a vibration or shudder when the truck is at idle in park or drive. It's not something I hear.....I can feel it. The RPM doesn't jump around at idle. It happens regardless of the load I have on the electrical system (A/C, etc.). My contention is that the truck simply idles at too low of an RPM. If I hold the brake in drive and bump up the RPM's the vibration practically stops. In drive it idles at 500 RPM and in park it idles at 600 RPM. Both numbers are correct according to the dealership and other people I know that drive Tahoes.

I do notice that the idle RPM in drive sometimes drops to 400-450 and then jumps back up to 500. It does this without the A/C on so it's not the air conditioner cycling on and off.

TahoeLTZ2011

Reaction score
Same here...

Hey there Greeco, I too have noticed exactly the suttle tremble. I belive mines has lessened over time. I did change from conventional oil to synthetic on "my" first oil change since purchsing it in Nov of last year.

I have not looked into it nor have i found a solution. I just thought I'd chime in with not being the only one.

If either find a solution a follow up to this thread should be much appreciated.

GREECO

Reaction score
Hey there Greeco, I too have noticed exactly the suttle tremble. I belive mines has lessened over time. I did change from conventional oil to synthetic on "my" first oil change since purchsing it in Nov of last year.

I have not looked into it nor have i found a solution. I just thought I'd chime in with not being the only one.

If either find a solution a follow up to this thread should be much appreciated.

I will definitely post here if I ever find a fix for the vibration. My Tahoe has had this issue since new and I assume the problem won't be diagnosed until something in the engine finally breaks.

TahoeLTZ2011

Reaction score
I will definitely post here if I ever find a fix for the vibration. My Tahoe has had this issue since new and I assume the problem won't be diagnosed until something in the engine finally breaks.

Souds good, and lets keep on trucking.

have a great day and even better week.