Install of OEM Grille into a 07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renny

Reaction score
I just picked up the limited edition OEM grille from GMC. I opened up the installation instructions and was suprised to see that you need to remove the entire front fascia and headlights to put this thing in. While I am always up for a challenge this seems a bit excessive. Has anyone changed one of these out before? is it really that complicated? Do you have any tips or tricks to make this process less complicated? let me know, the weather is clearing up later this morning and I really want to tackle this today. ;)

gear head dad

Reaction score
It is not that hard once you understand how the grill installs. Yes you will have to take out the top row of 10mm across the top of the radiator cover piece and maybe loosed one of the headlight bezels to get yer hand inside behind the grill.
If you look on the replacement grill you will see a series of tabs located around the bezel, these little guys are what holds the grill in the truck.
Take a stubby flat head screw driver and wedge yer hand in there behind the stock grill at the location of the tab you can get to easiest and learn how to dis-engage the tab and release the grill. Once you have figured out the first one and how they lock the rest will be alot easier and the grill will start to come out.
The time you spend figuring out the tabs and how they fasten is a whole lot faster than removing the front end of your truck and a few less stares from the neighbors trying to figure out why you are dismantling your new truck-
be patient!! Good luck

Renny

Reaction score
I did look around in there but I got a little skiddish with flexing the fascia alot becasue i didn't want to crack the paint. Maybe on a warm day, I will give that a try when the paint has some give to it. I know the paint gets brittle when it is chilly.
Thanks for the info. I knew it was ridiculous that the directions said that I had to remove the fascia and it's funny that you mention that thing about the neighbors, because I was thinking the same exact thing. :smilielol:

Renny

Reaction score
just installed the grille. your advice and tips made short work of it. I found that a 1" wide putty knife was the wonder tool for making the clips release quicky. I just had to slide the knife between the fascia lip and the clip and the tab quickly and easily released.

Thanks Gear Head, you just saved me $100. That is what a body shop was going to charge me for the install. Your the man! And the truck looks 10X better. :D