is it me or is the new sequioa bad ass..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to would have taken an LX 470 over an Escalade ANY DAY of the week, but with the new Escalade, Im not so sure about that anymore. Even though the LX is still much smoother and much quieter inside then the Escalade, in my opinion.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have different purposes. Off road I'd rather have a land cruiser.
On pavement, especially for long trips, I'd rather have a tahoe.

Land cruiser from the suspension down is great, from the suspension up it is an overpriced corolla.

You gotta be kidding. Have you been in a LX or Land Cruiser? I'm not talking about an FJ Cruiser.

There is no comparison in a LX or LC to any GM Product, to be honest. I love GM, but there really is no comparison. If I could justify a 70k+ SUV I wouldn't be in a Tahoe. It would be a LX470 or Range Rover.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to would have taken an LX 470 over an Escalade ANY DAY of the week, but with the new Escalade, Im not so sure about that anymore. Even though the LX is still much smoother and much quieter inside then the Escalade, in my opinion.

+1. The ride, power delivery, comfort, interior quality, fit and finish, etc is light years beyond an Escalade.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding. Have you been in a LX or Land Cruiser? I'm not talking about an FJ Cruiser.

There is no comparison in a LX or LC to any GM Product, to be honest. I love GM, but there really is no comparison. If I could justify a 70k+ SUV I wouldn't be in a Tahoe. It would be a LX470 or Range Rover.

NAW, if you really look at it, why would i spend 70k when i could spend 40k and get plenty offroad capabilities.

while i could have seen spending 90k on a landrover and almost did, i dont see spending 90k on a landrover now when consumor reports has all those problems listed. :umn:

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 3 rovers in the past ten years..

I can tell you this.. the MY03+ Rovers are some of the best driving vehicles ever. The interior is top notch. You almost feel like you are in a Bentley. HOWEVER,
maintenance/reliability is a big issue. Here's my analogy
The RR is almost like my old girlfriend from Scores NYC.. Great to look at..fun to ride and high maintenance... Needless to say..I married my girlfriend from highschool and settled down with a Denali...Both are reliable and great to look at..

I guess it depends what one is looking for... I will say that lexus/toyota have a great track record. Gm products are only recently picking up their quality controls...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you this.. the MY03+ Rovers are some of the best driving vehicles ever. The interior is top notch. You almost feel like you are in a Bentley. HOWEVER,
maintenance/reliability is a big issue. Here's my analogy
The RR is almost like my old girlfriend from Scores NYC.. Great to look at..fun to ride and high maintenance... Needless to say..I married my girlfriend from highschool and settled down with a Denali...Both are reliable and great to look at..

I guess it depends what one is looking for... I will say that lexus/toyota have a great track record. Gm products are only recently picking up their quality controls...

i admit, gm lost some of that quality in the later years, but in the 50's threw 80's they built a damn good product. but thats happend with any car maker, and its all about the money, we can save money here if we use plastic, we can save money here if we dont pay this guy alot. nobody really takes pride in their work anymore, its more about makeing MONEY

but through all this, gm still makes a nice AMERICAN truck.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAW, if you really look at it, why would i spend 70k when i could spend 40k and get plenty offroad capabilities.

while i could have seen spending 90k on a landrover and almost did, i dont see spending 90k on a landrover now when consumor reports has all those problems listed. :umn:

Oh, guess I didn't "really look at it".

Tell me, what problems exactly are you referring to?

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i admit, gm lost some of that quality in the later years, but in the 50's threw 80's they built a damn good product. but thats happend with any car maker, and its all about the money, we can save money here if we use plastic, we can save money here if we dont pay this guy alot. nobody really takes pride in their work anymore, its more about makeing MONEY

but through all this, gm still makes a nice AMERICAN truck.

I'll agree with that. For an American truck, it is nice.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt spend it on a Range Rover EVER. But I have to say that I would spend it on the Lexus LX 470. NOTE, I would rather have an Escalade then the new LX 570....which just doesnt tickle me. That look of substantiality is gone. I adored the 470, and would take a 2006 470 over a 2007 Escalade. People yack about their tahoes going to 200k, etc etc etc. Thats great, thats alot of miles. A Land Cruiser or an LX 470 could do 200k without a hiccup, and then more.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my opinion, the lexus is just an over priced ugly toyota! i dont need my car to parallel park for me, thats what drivers ed was for! :ktoe:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
RT is right; Consumer Reports rated the Land Rover Range Rover, RR Sport, and LR3 as the worst of the worst in reliability and maintenance. It scored very low in a lot of categories, and even customer satisfaction. And though I don't own one, I've worked on plenty of them and have to agree with CR's rating.

akim47

Reaction score
i wouldnt knock toyota. i love both toyotas and chevys... driving both, my toyota was a bit more reliable, i had 180K miles on the 4runner before i sold it for $11K. Nice value retention... but i love my denali more than any car i've ever had....

im not into the whole american vs. japan thing... when i was buying my denali i heard the salesman trying to sell a couple a silverado. "you don't want to buy a tundra, you are just sending money to them japs"...

im not japanese, but i did feel obliged to stop and tell the salesman and the couple that the new tundra was designed out of ann arbor michigan, styling done in newport beach ca, and lastly built the engines are built in Huntsville, AL, and put togther at facilities in Indiana and San Antonio, TX...

i dunno, but sounds like they're putting some food on the tables of hard working americans... i don't know all that much about the Chevys, but i do believe some of the GMT900s are manufactured in Canada...