It's Like Having a FREE LockPic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for awhile it looked like we had a good thing going with this new nav disc. I figured out pretty quick that if your going over about 5 mph the "enter destination" tab goes dark and can't be used. Bummer!!

The good news however is that if you have your home address in the address book and your out in some strange town and get yourself lost like I did last night, you CAN access your nav address book while driving and find your way back home without using the bread crumb method.:thumbsup:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good news however is that if you have your home address in the address book and your out in some strange town and get yourself lost like I did last night, you CAN access your nav address book while driving and find your way back home without using the bread crumb method.:thumbsup:

That's one of the first things I done when I got the truck.

So I guess I'll have to order the LockPick anyway. All I really wanted was for the movie to play on the front screen when on long trips. for the front seat passenger of course.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my dvd today. I popped it in and it went to a white screen that said "preparing to load software". Pics below.
Once it was done I found that not much has changed. :( Maybe I didnt look hard enough. The address input still dims when you go over 7 MPH, the front screen(movie) still goes out when I take it out of PARK.

One thing I do like is that you can scroll through the MP3 folders at any speed. I'll burn an MP3 DVD and see if the new software reads it. I also popped the 2008 NAV Disc back in to found that the "LIMITATIONS" screen still working. So its an true software update that gets installed in the unit vs ran from the 2009 DVD.

I wish some computer whiz would re-write the head unit's software.

pics:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2iubbww.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/161yebt.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/122kp4z.jpg

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disc info. That "05.CMP" file might be the new software that got loaded.:confused2: We need to find a programmer. I wonder if the file was burned to a dvd or cd using the UDF file format, would it load the new software? maybe someone is will to try it. When I get time I'll upload the file from the disc.

2009:
http://i33.tinypic.com/jh3pqv.jpg

2008:
http://i38.tinypic.com/esnoxs.jpg

joetm

Reaction score
i took the lockpick out this morning to see if my cd would let me do this and it wouldn't o well haha guess I spending the 300$$ was justified as I would have been pissed if all I had to do was hit a button haha

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have the same Nav disc version as the original poster?

Can we verify if this does indeed work with a certain version of the Nav disc?

WingsAA

Reaction score
Just something I noticed. I have had the GMX-322 and it's great. After updating my NAV software with the latest version, I am no longer able to watch DVD's on the front screen as I did before. I'm going to check the settings on the lockpick but initially it seems there is something blocking this lockpick feature now. Also, I have tested it with the new GM limitation settings enabled and disabled. Any one else having this trouble?

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just something I noticed. I have had the GMX-322 and it's great. After updating my NAV software with the latest version, I am no longer able to watch DVD's on the front screen as I did before. I'm going to check the settings on the lockpick but initially it seems there is something blocking this lockpick feature now. Also, I have tested it with the new GM limitation settings enabled and disabled. Any one else having this trouble?

not cool:(

U may have to unplug the fuse on ya radio unit to reset it and then go back to the previous Nav DVD. Maybe burn a copy of the 2009 DVD but find a way to cut out the LOADING.KWI file???

WingsAA

Reaction score
not cool:(

U may have to unplug the fuse on ya radio unit to reset it and then go back to the previous Nav DVD. Maybe burn a copy of the 2009 DVD but find a way to cut out the LOADING.KWI file???

I thought about going back a version but everything else seems to be working fine with the Lockpick operation. I didn't really know the process for reverting back a version. It's that simple?

WingsAA

Reaction score
Just an update. I got this problem figured out. Basically since I updated the NAV disc and the software was updated as well, I needed to flip the switch on the Lockpick for the later build date... dip switch one and voilà! Problem solved.

Whew! :ura1:

zr2sms

Reaction score
I just called the GM Nav Disc number and was told since I have an 08, I was not eligible for the Free update... Only 07 models.. It would cost me $199. But they are on backorder and didnt have a date when they would be available.

khool750

Reaction score
Why can't someone on here with an 07 model who has gotten the free 09 maps update, just take the disc out, burn a bunch of copies, and sell it to people on this forum for like 5 bucks? How hard would that be? I'm telling you now, if I didn't have an 08 and had the disc, I'd definately hook people up, and I'm telling you something else, I can't understand why these fools are selling this disc for so much. You know, if we were driving a Benz or Bimmer, we could order the nav updates from warezstore.com for like 20 bucks, and it's just a ripped dvd where they sell the dvd image and a program to shove it on another dvd, and you are in business. How about someone on here see if it is possible to burn and run the maps from a DVD R. I play movies from DVDR's all the time, so why not. Any takers? Any people on here willing to do that? I'd pay the money.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm right there with ya!!! I have ordered the new disc, but on back order. I would pay for a burned copy!

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What # do you call to order the Nav Disc for 07s? I'm 100% down for paying cash for a new version, especially one that removes the lockout feature like the original poster mentioned.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
877-628-3472 is the GM Nav disc center. You'll need a dual layer burner to copy.

With the new software all I see is now you can access one page of either the address book or previous addresses and the permission screen on startup is eliminated. Still no scrolling.