Just ordered a Volant CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my volant cold air intake with power core filter. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week so I can get it in over the weekend. I will be brushing up on some of the previous posts because I remember seeing something about the directions being a little confusing. I got a great deal on it I think, $245 shipped.

MikeCallery

Reaction score
You should not have any problems with your install as I just finished, about a month ago, putting a Volant CAI on my '06 Tahoe Z71.

The directions are a little lame so I'll tell you what I can from memory.

I think somewhere on the tech forum or review I have some comments that you might want to look for to help you out.

I had no problem removing any of the old gear. It took only a few minutes to unbolt everything and put it into a box.

Now, that said, the time consuming part was the wasting time interpreting the instructions versus the parts. I had no problems with the parts fit. Where I had a little difficult was putting the MAF back on the air box along with the gaskets and additional plastic pieces. Although the MAF has three screw holes that look equidistance, they are spaced differently and there is a top and bottom. I think once you find this out, and line up those parts correctly, along with the proper screws, the rest is easy. I'd work from the air box, then the MAF in place with it's components EXCEPT the 4" spacer piece that goes from the MAF to the large intake piece. Put it on first leaving that 4" spacer for last and then you'll be set.

Feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] if you have any specific questions. I have a few pictures on my website as well.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intake should be here tomorrow, so hopefully I will put it in on saturday or sunday, I can't wait to see if there's a difference.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Volant today. I will post up in Tech write-ups and install.