know how to tint windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketedeschi

Reaction score
any of you guys know how to heat shrink a piece of wondow tint for the full windsheild? if you want to make a few bucks by shrinking the film and mailing it to me in a tube it would be awesome. i have tried about 5 times to do it myself and im just wasting film.

whole windshield 35%, not picky about the brand.

Thanks.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any of you guys know how to heat shrink a piece of wondow tint for the full windsheild? if you want to make a few bucks by shrinking the film and mailing it to me in a tube it would be awesome. i have tried about 5 times to do it myself and im just wasting film.

Thanks.

Nobody does it near you??

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its done with a heat gun. You clean the outside of the window, spray it with soapy water, slap the film on it, hit it with the heat gun till it shrinks to fit, then you cut to fit..

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Theres one of the guys in WI that tints windshields. Can't remember the user name off the back but in one of the other tint post he talks about doing alot of windshields he might be able to hook you up.

miketedeschi

Reaction score
i know how its done i just dont want to waste anymore film learning.

tast101 - thank you for finding that guy travish, he offered to do it for me but then stopped responding so i think he doesnt want to anymore.

might have to keep trying to heat shrink it....