leaving on a roadtrip tonight, any input...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well Im leaving for a week at 2:00 a.m. in the morning for the chicago area, about 1000 miles from here. Any thing I can do to stop my self from becoming bored?? Any tricks you guys use, will be takeing the yukon and will take pics of intresting things i see. Going through west Va, then Kentucky, then ohio, then Illinois.

Staying from saturday (8th) to monday (aug 18). Going for business and for fun, if there is any in kankakee il. :smilielol:

WISH ME LUCK. Will let yall know how the kon did.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well left at 4 a.m. and pulled in at 6 p.m. i made incredible time, only stopped when the kon needed gas, for the entire trip cost me 146.78 in gas, not bad, only averaged 16 mpg, but the west va mountains dont help your gas milage. LOL. Glad to be hear, but cant wait till i can be home again, in ten days.

i did this same trip in my 06 last feb, just for comparisions. the 06 had more OOMPH going up the mountains but i spend almost 250 in gas. the 06 has cushyer seats that felt more comfortable but after a while i got a sharp pain up my left side, in the new one the seats are MUCH firmer but no pains, so i guess thats the trade off. This truck seemed to feel much more solid then the 06, i trusted it more, the 06 had 40k miles on it when i took her and I was worried i was running it to hard and somthing would break, nothing ever did but it was a worry. in the new one there were no worrys about working it to hard, it took a ton of punishment.

Glad to have that part of the trip over and will be even more glad to see my front yard in va beach again. LOL

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only advice I can give is to keep yourself safe, one step ahead of the riffraff. To keep from getting bored I usually try to cruise the seediest parts of town late at night, but that compromises my first advice. If you already can't wait to go home it sounds like a boring place, you'll probably get the most enjoyment out of the drive itself. This will get you more familiar with the GMT900's functions though. Have a good time!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOME as of last night!

Love my truck, most comfortable ride yet. Smooth, plesant to drive, just hate that exhaust drone.

But Im glad to be home, the mountains were beautiful, I stopped at a Scenic view, wish I had a camera, but was an incredible VIEW!:yesnod:

Engine was very powerful and could keep a steady 75MPH below 2500 RPMS. and could keep 70MPH below 2000 RPMS.

Kept my self entertained with music, calling back people i have been putting off, and trying that 5 Hour energy drink stuff, worked, but not to the extent the tv says, and actully i had A HORRIBLE crash after it wore out, which is why i stopped in West VA.