led tail lights q's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that some people lose their CC ability once they add LED tail lights, is this true? and if so is it preventable, or able to keep the cruise and still enjoy the nice looking tail lights?

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Load equalizers should make everything work like factory. First time I tried LED bulbs in my tails the remote start wouldn’t work either……

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems here, they turned out perfect and bright as hell even being smoked so dark
IMG_0031.jpg

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided to check out my cc today on the way home, doesnt work now. i dont use cc to much anyways, i live on an island and everything is about 20 minutes away

Mark

Reaction score
My cruise control works fine. I use it all the time. I have LED tails from Eurostar and love them. Had them for about 2.5 years now and they're awesome.

Eurostar LED Tails

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark, can you post pictures of your Tahoe? I would like to see it, especially the rear vents smoothed out and painted, the ram hood and tail lights

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did it cost you to smooth out the rear vents?

also you said your tail lights do not mess with your CC? do they come in a smoked version?

Mark

Reaction score
what did it cost you to smooth out the rear vents?

also you said your tail lights do not mess with your CC? do they come in a smoked version?

The rear vents are from Street Scene and come pre-smoothed

I just got them painted when I had my SS bumper painted. I love the look.

Yeah, my tail-lights do not interfere with my cruise control at all. I use CC all the time too. Like I said, they're from Eurostar, and I absolutely love them. I would totally buy them again if I had to.

They do not come smoked, you can get them smoked if you want, but I like them the way they are. Not worth the hassle here in California anyways, the CHP hates smoked tails.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of bulb is that for your reverse lights?

Stockton? Mark I think I have seen you ride near UOP, I knew it looked familiar when I saw it.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for LED tail lights for my 04 Hoe but I need amber/orange blinkers due to traffic laws. Anybody?

ProDrive

Reaction score
Looking for LED tail lights for my 04 Hoe but I need amber/orange blinkers due to traffic laws. Anybody?

Most cars don't even have a amber/orange blinker. They use the actual brake light to flash to indicate your turn signal. So these LED tails would work just fine and abide by any laws. Hope this helps.

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most cars don't even have a amber/orange blinker. They use the actual brake light to flash to indicate your turn signal. So these LED tails would work just fine and abide by any laws. Hope this helps.

It doesn't but thanks. Most cars outside the USA have amber blinkers. Even my 04 Tahoe has them. It's the law in Norway and most of Europe I believe. :)

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone had there brake lights stop working while using the led ones? they used to work but today my wife was behind me a called saying only my top brake light is working now. the led's light up when the lights come on so i know the bulbs arent burnt out. if it was a fuse none of the brake lights would work right?

ProDrive

Reaction score
has anyone had there brake lights stop working while using the led ones? they used to work but today my wife was behind me a called saying only my top brake light is working now. the led's light up when the lights come on so i know the bulbs arent burnt out. if it was a fuse none of the brake lights would work right?

Common LED resistor issue. Make sure you have the proper resistance with the LEDs. Does your cruise control still work?