Lets talk hids xenon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok im tired of my cheap 11dollar blue bulbs I got off ebay that show nothing, time to upgrade to hids. Some guy by house said he sells kits for $89 they come with 9006 4300k do you guys think thats bright and good?

Here are some specs

COMPLETE GERMAN ENGINEERED HID CONVERSION KIT
2 x HID BULBS
2 x DIGITAL BALLASTS
1 x BATTERY WIRING HARNESS WITH RELAY
MANUAL AND INSTALLATION HARDWARE.

SPECIFICATION:
LUMINOUS FLUX: 2000- 3200 LUMENS
35W POWER CONSUMPTION
VOLTAGE: 85V +/-17V
INPUT VOLTAGE: 9V-14V
SERVICE LIFE: UP TO 3000 HOURS
ALL PARTS ARE WATER PROOF

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300k. is perfect color for oem looks and OEM preformance. you will get the most light output out of the.

Good luck.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks thunder, as oem do you mean like how the new luxury cars are coming? and are they gonna be bright as hell or like regular non-blinding bright?.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are gunna be bright as hell like lexus, cadillac, bmw, etc. Aim them down a bit and you should be ok. But if you want the best preformance with out blinding other people I reccommend good projector headlights. http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A2068A0A0A2385027.aspx http://www.autoanything.com/Generic...edia=1&GroupID=0&ImageID=63925&ProductID=2068

These are expensive. But their real, not the fake projectors you get on egay that are worse than what you have. But this is purly prefrence. I would not hesitate to put them in your stock housings. But your going to see much better preformance with these than your stock ones. Also if you do decide to go this route, get the housings before you order the kit to make sure you get the right bulb. :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cool:just one of my main specaltiys. Ever need help dont be afraid to pm, or post a topic. Im on here enough It should be a quick turnaround.

But im in the wrong business, I should start selling these things. LOL

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, if you wanna get into it, its easy and cheap. a friend of mine gets em right from the factory shipped from Japan for roughly 30 a set... and size, any color..

If my current business goes belly up then I guess its nice to have a plan B lol.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the projectors compare to the TYC HID reflector housings? I know projectors in general give you a nicer line but is it really worth the $150 difference?

yukonlover89

Reaction score
i just brought new headlights they are 5900K low and high beams what does that mean the low beams are 80w and highs are 100w any help i have a set of tyc projectors on my yukon

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the projectors compare to the TYC HID reflector housings? I know projectors in general give you a nicer line but is it really worth the $150 difference?

Well not really. You would still have to buy a kit for it. That also voids the street legel card in TYCS mind (not your state laws though). SO in reality the HID reflectors are better since its an all in one kit that is legel and still has a great beam paddern. You just wont see the cutoff as well. YOu will still get FANTASTIC preformance though.

cyptre

Reaction score
You might try the HELLA light bulbs. They're like 40 a set and 155w. Bright enough for me

GMfan

Reaction score
They are gunna be bright as hell like lexus, cadillac, bmw, etc. Aim them down a bit and you should be ok. But if you want the best preformance with out blinding other people I reccommend good projector headlights. http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A2068A0A0A2385027.aspx http://www.autoanything.com/Generic...edia=1&GroupID=0&ImageID=63925&ProductID=2068

These are expensive. But their real, not the fake projectors you get on egay that are worse than what you have. But this is purly prefrence. I would not hesitate to put them in your stock housings. But your going to see much better preformance with these than your stock ones. Also if you do decide to go this route, get the housings before you order the kit to make sure you get the right bulb. :thumbsup:

What are the differences between these two? They kinda look the same, what am I missing? thanks.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-9...emQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ020QQitemZ300285574760

GMfan

Reaction score
The link you posted are actully a much better deal, the use stock bulbs insted of cheap H1 bulbs. If your going HID route, get the ones you posted.

Thanks for the response. I do have HID (4300k) but they are in the factory housings. I am concerned with glare for on coming traffic so I have them aimed lower than I would like. I think I will give the egay projectors a try. thanks again.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definatly give them a try as they use the 9006 bulb. So you wont have to modify your HIDS at all. Good luck.