License Plate Lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hbrbmx,

Knowing what you know now regarding the vanities and puddle lights, would you have chosen different bulbs?

Not sure I like the idea of the silicon on the puddle lens.

The pinching of the vanity sounds ok if you were able to fully seat the lens.

Thanks!

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vader - The vanity and puddle are perfect color. The silicon is an absolutely tiny amount on the "tits". When I tapped, rather hard, on the mirrors, the lense would fall out, the silicon was for my piece of mind.

The vanity bulbs are in, but are shady. Perfect color, they just need to be a thinner bulb.

All are "cool white" in color and look very HIDish................

1 more point..........the 42mm may be a tiny better fit for the interior overheads, but really not an issue.

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
Very late to reply....Don't visit as often as I like, but this was the first thing I did when I bought my truck. Very nice/cheap mod.

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered 6 of these.

2 for licence plates

2 for side marker lamps on the front
2 for the map lights on the inside.

now i just gotta order 8 others for the mirrors and the rest of the interior. like 70 bucks:eek2: :ack:

How did this turn out? I thought I saw one member say that these bulbs were a tad bigger than the license plate bulbs?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did this turn out? I thought I saw one member say that these bulbs were a tad bigger than the license plate bulbs?

there AWSOME, fit perfectly, if they dont fit one way, turn them around and they fit perfectly. i love the added brightness and the cool blue it gives off. i put some in my mirrors too. LOVE THEM

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there AWSOME, fit perfectly, if they dont fit one way, turn them around and they fit perfectly. i love the added brightness and the cool blue it gives off. i put some in my mirrors too. LOVE THEM

thanks. ordering today

rgncjn

Reaction score
Bright White Lights

I just want to clarify most of you guys have used the cool white which has a bluish color to the light.

I'm not a fan of that color and was wondering if they have a pure white color and if they do is it offered in all the bulb sizes. I would hate to put two different colors because they didn't make a certain bulb I need in a specific color.

Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the bulb numbers to replace the interior dome lights, license plate lights, puddle lamps, and what ever other lights that can be replaced by LED lights, also which colors look the best and what website you can order them on.
Thanks

Last edited:

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the bulb numbers to replace the interior dome lights, license plate lights, puddle lamps, and what ever other lights that can be replaced by LED lights, also which colors look the best and what website you can order them on.
Thanks

did you read the article?:umn:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to clarify most of you guys have used the cool white which has a bluish color to the light.

I'm not a fan of that color and was wondering if they have a pure white color and if they do is it offered in all the bulb sizes. I would hate to put two different colors because they didn't make a certain bulb I need in a specific color.

Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hey man -- did you find anything in a pure white color that you liked? I'm of the same opinion as you on this one -- don't care for the overly bluish light so much. Any luck? I want to do this soon; looking for options. Thanks!

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man -- did you find anything in a pure white color that you liked? I'm of the same opinion as you on this one -- don't care for the overly bluish light so much. Any luck? I want to do this soon; looking for options. Thanks!
If you don't mind spending a little extra, Putco's dome lights are pure white and super bright. I had the regular LED's before in cool white, and yes the color was bluish and they were very cheap quality. I ordered the set of Putco's and am very pleased with the result. It is worth the extra $$
Picture's
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=10281
Quality is bad, iPhone :ack: