limited tahoe's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully there will be one of the 8,000 Limiteds in my garage sometime in the near future.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in the market I saw a couple for sale, but none in great condition. If I lived where it didn't snow I would get a Limited for sure.

drumrpunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see limiteds for sale now and again. It's funny becuase the price really fluctuates. Some believe because it's truly limited that they will get top dollar for em (I saw one at a dealership for 20K!). Others sell them for below blue book value becuase of the depressed SUV market. I bought mine when gas was about $4.50 a gallon. Needless to say at that time nobody wanted a lifted SUV that got 10 miles to the gallon. I got mine for $5500 just the way it is now. I assume that you could probably still score a limited around 5K depending on where you live.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They still are pretty crazy when gas is down, theres a couple by me, one for 5 of 6 another for 12 or something, it all depends on how the truck was actually maintained and where it came from ( salty and rust)

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im finding it hard to find them for cheap, mainly because theres no rust in FL, and most of them have become show trucks. Idk what the deal was with the one for 2900, but i assume it became someones beater. I think i may just make a clone.... lol

starcenter04

Reaction score
Actually i have a 95 tahoe limited edition. its white, so they were offered in more than just 2000

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually i have a 95 tahoe limited edition. its white, so they were offered in more than just 2000

Wheres your 95 limited?? i wanna see pics, bcuz they deff only came out in 2000, the person you bought it from probably slapped some decals on it.. haha

starcenter04

Reaction score
Wheres your 95 limited?? i wanna see pics, bcuz they deff only came out in 2000, the person you bought it from probably slapped some decals on it.. haha

just ran out and took some pics for you:D

img1024c.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img1025q.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

if those don't work then try these two. on of the full tahoe and on of the tailgate where the trim says limited!

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/img1025q.jpg/
http://img98.imageshack.us/i/img1024c.jpg/

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry man, thats not a limited, they were all 4 doors, 2wd, tutone interior, different bumper, diff rims, ground effects, lowered a little bit, and what not. heres a pic of a real one from the factory (besides the rims painted black)
Only came out in 2000

stonehenge

Reaction score
Back when these came out, the dealers couldn't give them away. They had great programs with zero down, low interest, etc, etc. Even had super easy lease deals, had a few friends with crappy credit get one, easy, no porblem.

I also read back in the day, the whole "concept" of an SS was a BS story. The FEDs slipped out on a major order for 8000 units, "police units" and Chevy slapped some stickers on these, some bling, etc, etc and sold them as limited. Depends on who you believe, or what you want to believe. But if you look deep into the actual unit, the "police package"/Limited story, does have merit.

Before you cry on your keyboard and tar and feather me, I own a 2 door, and love it. And I LOVE THE LIMITED TAHOES, seriously, almost ditched my brand new 2 door for one. (but 4 doors are 2 doors to many)

I think they look great right out of the box, (the Limited) very few vehicles have that going for them.

stkr

Reaction score
Mine is a 1999 or at least registered as such.

stonehenge

Reaction score
I made an error in my earlier post, 8905 were made, based on the GMT- 800 SUV's. "produced for demand purposes" i.e. a giant gov't order, maybe got cancelled, who knows?

However, they did all have the Z56 Police Package, Heavy duty ABS brakes, 46mm shocks, front and rear sway bars, 4 speed 4L60E trannies w/ coolers, 3:42 limited slip rear ends, oil coolers and 120 gauge clusters.

All of these would be included in a gov't style vehicle.

And then the order gets cancelled or goes south, what-ever.

So they are stuck with 8905 special equip'ed rigs.

"I know"... slap some ground effects, wheels and leather, throw a catch'ey name on it and sell it as a what-a-be SS!!!

Only one problem, the new Tahoe is out already and nobody wants these rigs.

ahhh... the power of low lease, zero down, etc, etc... Move these at any cost.

Hey for the record, I dig these Limited Tahoes, I should have pulled the trigger on one, but I needed 4x4 and I ordered a 99 2-door from the factory, and still have it, love it. almost have 79000 on it, doesnt get driven much, but its a nice pig.

Myran93

Reaction score
picture.php

Here's my completely stock Tahoe Limited
There's a lot I want to do to it but it gets me to and from work with absolutely no problems. Has a little over 200,000 miles, I bought it with just under 200,000 for only $3760
The only thing I had to change was the battery since the cell died in the old one