limited tahoe's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have one... so were are the rest...

The Chevy Tahoe Limited Edition was offered for the 2000 model year, but based on the first generation model platform. The Tahoe Limited was produced for only one model year. According to research, there were 8,905 units produced -- all in black. The Tahoe Limited was originally badged as the Tahoe SS (concept in 1995), but GM brass disliked the idea of an "SS" at a time when insurance companies were already demanding higher premiums for SUVs. Ronal 16" wheels, brakes borrowed from the Chevrolet Suburban, Bilstein shocks, a two-tone leather interior, and a 120 mph (190 km/h) gauge cluster were among the standard features in the Tahoe Limited. A body that sat 2" lower than normally aspired Tahoes, along with an all black grille, fog lights set in the front bumper and side skirts gave the Tahoe Limited a more aggressive stance -- which is said to have been originally inspired by a Tahoe Police Package shown at the 1996 SEMA Show

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always wanted one, but never could find a great deal on one. but now that you mention the front bumper has the foglights in it i think i might have a limited front end? im waiting for you to get that ss bumper painted and check it out on your car, i have a feeling it gonna look pretty sick.

Sinjin

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures?

i have one... so were are the rest...

The Chevy Tahoe Limited Edition was offered for the 2000 model year, but based on the first generation model platform. The Tahoe Limited was produced for only one model year. According to research, there were 8,905 units produced -- all in black. The Tahoe Limited was originally badged as the Tahoe SS (concept in 1995), but GM brass disliked the idea of an "SS" at a time when insurance companies were already demanding higher premiums for SUVs. Ronal 16" wheels, brakes borrowed from the Chevrolet Suburban, Bilstein shocks, a two-tone leather interior, and a 120 mph (190 km/h) gauge cluster were among the standard features in the Tahoe Limited. A body that sat 2" lower than normally aspired Tahoes, along with an all black grille, fog lights set in the front bumper and side skirts gave the Tahoe Limited a more aggressive stance -- which is said to have been originally inspired by a Tahoe Police Package shown at the 1996 SEMA Show

Do you have any pictures?

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to thread jack, but just wondering if this is the same bumper on the limiteds? its my truck but its painted so idt its stock.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 26

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, fog Lights on the Limiteds are square and are centered around the license.

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cv-1.jpg

drumrpunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you do to the factory ground kit? why lift the limited? for looks?
I bought it this way. The previous owner ditched the ground effects kit. The running boards would not fit with the kit on it so he aced em. Plus the ground effects kit does not look good on "lifted" truck. He lifted it to be different. Not many "lifted" limited's out there although I have seen one. I personally like the Tahoes of this body style lifted rather then lowered. Not knocking anyone's taste, it's just what I think looks good. I probably would have never bought it if it was stock. I was looking for the "different" stand out vehicle. And it does. Plus it's got a custom lift on it on it (no blocks or body lift).

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually saw an all original Tahoe Limited today in traffic, it looked great! The paint on the Limited looks really good in person, much better than the paint on other Tahoe vehicles.

drumrpunk, your vehicle looks good too. I have never seen a lifted Tahoe Limited before, but it looks surprisingly good.

Great vehicles guys, you have my envy for having the hardest to find Tahoe!

drumrpunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually saw an all original Tahoe Limited today in traffic, it looked great! The paint on the Limited looks really good in person, much better than the paint on other Tahoe vehicles.

drumrpunk, your vehicle looks good too. I have never seen a lifted Tahoe Limited before, but it looks surprisingly good.

Great vehicles guys, you have my envy for having the hardest to find Tahoe!

Thanks for the kind words! Another for your viewing pleasure....
DSC01444.jpg

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found one in orlando for 2900, but i wasnt trustin it, and passed it up. plannin on gettin a limited in 2 years. either that, or just building the motor in mine. so we'll see.

mcelroy247

Reaction score
i started the same thread in the 2000 forum with no replys here is mine.Let me know what you think

P1070114.jpg
[/IMG]
P1070115.jpg
[/IMG]
P1070116.jpg
[/IMG]
P1070119.jpg
[/IMG]

mcelroy247

Reaction score
i also posted this in my thread

The TAHOE LIMITED is another one of Jon Moss's creations. He got the idea of this "SUV" when it was announced that the "Impala SS" was to be discontinued in 1996.

The "SUV" was suppose to be named the "TAHOE SS" when Jon Moss introduced it at the Detroit Auto Show in 1997. The concept for this SUV was well accepted BUT company politics slowed the production even though is was accepted just as well as the "Impala SS"

The Main problem with this SUV was the name. Insurance rates are already high for SUV's in the states and the addition of the "SS" badging on the Tahoe made it even higher. After many months of debating and scheming, the "TAHOE SS" was renamed the "Tahoe Limited". Production was announced to begin in early spring of 1999 ... WITH A CATCH!!! To make this SUV a true collector amongst the "SS" fanatics, only aprroximately 7500 units were to be manufactured. ALSO, only 1 unit was to be sold for every 3 dealerships nationwide. As of November 2000, Chevrolet still has not released the exact production numbers for the Limited's. These Tahoe's were specially equipped. ALL Limited's are monotone ONXY Black in color and were offered exclusively as 4 door 2WD models. The L31 Vortec 350 cu. in. small block V-8 produces 255 hp. and 330 ft-lbs. of torque @2800 rpm and was tweaked and optimized to 130+ mph. Special 2 tone leather interior with power driver's seat. The custom one off aluminum alloy wheels were produced by "Ronal Wheel" and are 16"x7.5" in size. Other special equipment includes: factory transmission oil cooler, engine oil cooler, increased cooling capacity, "Z56" suspension / performnace package (police and law enforcement use only), 46mm Bilsten shocks, front and rear sway bars (taken from the "Z71" Tahoe 4x4), heavy duty performance enhanced chassis, HD 4 wheel anti-lock brakes, front disc / rear drum (taken from the Suburban), color matched monotone front/rear bumpers and front grill, special ground effects, integrated bumper mounted fog lights, privacy black out window treatment, auto dimming/heated side view mirrors, deluxe sound insulation and "Limited" badging. The roof rack, body side moldings and tow hooks were both factory deleted items.

The only optionpackage available was the "Comfort and Security Package" "code ZM9". This option included carpeted front/rear floor mats, rear air conditioning, 46mm Bilsten shocks, heated driver's and front passenger's seats, power passenger front seat, reversible cargo mat, heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors and a Homelink 3-channel transmitter.

All the Limited's were produced in the same Arlington, Texas assembly plant as the Cadillac Escalade and the GMC Yukon Denalli (all carryover models for 2000), Chevrolet concocted the "Z71" and Limited to appeal to buyers who liked the "old style" better than the new, and to take up some slack in the production schedule while the Texas plant prepared to change over to the redesigned Caddy and GMC. Unfortunately if you like what you see here, 2000 was your only chance to snag one.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and was tweaked and optimized to 130+ mph.

wow really? will they go that fast? What are the regular ones limited to? My speedo only goes to 100. and I've only ever been up to 80 or 85, too scared of my old tires. (And plus it's illegal)

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it this way. The previous owner ditched the ground effects kit. The running boards would not fit with the kit on it so he aced em. Plus the ground effects kit does not look good on "lifted" truck. He lifted it to be different. Not many "lifted" limited's out there although I have seen one. I personally like the Tahoes of this body style lifted rather then lowered. Not knocking anyone's taste, it's just what I think looks good. I probably would have never bought it if it was stock. I was looking for the "different" stand out vehicle. And it does. Plus it's got a custom lift on it on it (no blocks or body lift).

How much lift ?

drumrpunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started the same thread in the 2000 forum with no replys here is mine.Let me know what you think
Very Nice!! I think us limiteds belong in the 99 and below forums. The only thing we can relate to people with on the 2000 and up boards are limiteds. Everything else is new body and motor.

drumrpunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much lift ?
Ya know...I have no clue. I wish I did tho. It's got National Springs on back and custom coils on front with bilsteins all around. My next plan is to build a double shock tower in front. When I do that, I should be able to find out how much higher then stock I am.