Look what i got..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bai78

Reaction score
Is the passenger side mirror intact? I have a ’99 OBS Tahoe LT & need to replace the glass. Some yahoo in a newer F150 decided he needed to do drift left into my lane in order to make his right turn.

Sport99

Reaction score
the seats were a breeze to install..the drivers side bolted right up. the pass. side i had to drill 2 holes for the rear, but the front 2 bolted right in..

As far as making them slide, theres jsut a positive and negative you have to hook up to give power to the seats.

Ah, so you only have them move forward and back via the power seat switches. On my 2 door tahoe, the passenger seat has a lever that when pulled makes it slide all the way forward very quickly so rear passengers can enter and exit.

I wanted to know if there was such away to keep this function. More than likely if I do find some grey denali seats, I'll swap the passenger side rails, and not have the passenger side operate by power.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey bai78, yea theres a mirror there..

what do i do with the gauges. i mean is it a plug in type deal or what? nothing with the comptuer or anything?? thanks

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do i do with the gauges. i mean is it a plug in type deal or what? nothing with the comptuer or anything?? thanks

Straight swap.
Only cluster that needs modification would be the Police Package Tahoe's.

Thought about replacing the cluster bulbs with LEDs? Would lo0k really nice with that Escalade cluster.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotcha.. when ever i go to led websites i always put way more then what i need and just start like going LED nuts and by the time i know it, the bils at 60 to 100 bucks.. lol.. bcuz i want to do my whole dash the same color, and ive been waiting to get a nicer headunit for color options, im not like ocd or anything, but i always like the look on the dash when EVERYTHING is one color..

Console- when you open the lid up, whats the ethernet cord type thing for with the circle opening? and for people who did this swap, did you guys make any of the stuff actually work? like the heated seats, the power supply in the back, the little red l.e.d thati have no idea is for, back radio, sub and amp was already answerd. but those things..?? thanks guys

im looking into wrapping the top with leather that i have and maybe painting it since its alittle flaky in the back.. they make anything for that woodgrain "cadillac" symbol thing? like a replacement or just to get the caddy word off? im not to big into changing the whole thing into a caddyhoe...

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i see pics of the 4wd switch and fog light switch?

also, where did you get the seats? i hate my seat and would like to replace my driver seat with something that can go straighter.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fyi, the are the original seats in MY truck, Nickleahy23 got those seats out of another truck.....
if your interested in it, i would give you my fog light switch in my truck, its the wider one, the one in the picture is the skinnier one..

718frankb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldn't do anything with the heated seat switches but i hooked up the 12v acc and hooked up the led to my amp turn on lead (for fun) my alpine head unit has a brain once i removed the electronics in the console it made a great place for the brain. also the plug in the console is for the factory cell phone

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i gotcha.. hmm.. well im about to maybe just put this on craigslist for a little and see if anyone bites, if not its going in my truck and maybe squirted with some paint.. Do you know if its possible if i got the Huge connector like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...mQQptZCar_Audio_Video?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116 if id be able to hook up anything else, or does this not even connect into our factory harness.. thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm yea providing you get a WORKING cluster and that doesnt have to stupid gas gauge going nuts, ahh im so mad at that damn thing.. I called him up bitching, and so next time i go in i get stuff half off or whatever.. so if anyONE needs ANTHING, tell me NOW... im going this week. and if i go before u say something, well your SOL... haha thanks everyone..

bai78

Reaction score
I'm still in search of a replacement for the passenger side mirror & backing plate. I assume since it is an Escalade that it will have the power/heated/auto dim feature mirrors like my LT.

Let me know what the cost would be.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what a backing plate is. hes got a passenger side mirror he said for 60 bucks.. its white.. it has the defrost and autodimm. as well as power. if you want it let me know, if you wanna shoot me a money order or something, i dont like paypal since you have to pay a fee, but whatever works for ya..

backing plate- is that that foam or rubber seal that goes around the bolts right?? or something completly different

bai78

Reaction score
Sas, thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, it does look like the one pictured correct?
popup.php

If so, I will take it. Paypal is quickest but I would be able to offer some options. Since you stated you were going back this week I wanted to get you the funds ASAP. I will PM you for further info.

bai78

Reaction score
Sas, thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, it does look like the one that are on our Hoes, right? I am not certain when they changed to the NBS style mirrors.

If so, I will take it. Paypal is quickest but I would be able to offer some options. Since you stated you were going back this week I wanted to get you the funds ASAP. I will PM you for further info.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the newer more stylish Escalade Gauge Clusters bolt up to our dashes? Sometimes if you get the wrong one...the air bag light stays on?

I'm at school Ill do some searching to confrim this.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clusters from OBS 99/00 model Escalades and Denali's will be direct fit.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was researching this the one on ebay, they say they only fit 2000-2002 and will not fit model years 1999 and older Heres the link on ebay are there split years in 2000 on the Escalade or do we have to stick to 1999? Or am i just missing something?

thats an 01 cluster. dont trust ebay. they never know the correct years. i believe it only goes to 02, because an interior overhaul came in 03. so technically that would be an 01 cluster. notice its more curved and less rectangular.