Looking for some opinions on exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmurphy1

Reaction score
Hey, just joined a few minutes ago and I'm looking for some knowledgeable peoples' opinions. I have a 99 tahoe 4 door with the 5.7 liter vortec and I really want to build an exhaust system without spending a fortune. What I desire is a nice deep aggressive tone not too soft and not too loud. Because the truck has two cats I want to buy either a flange connector or y pipe and feed that into a 3" inlet of a flowmaster 50 series. Then I wanna have dual 2.5" outlets and build the tailpiping myself to exit out both rear quarter panels. Does this sound like it will work or should I just buy the flowmaster cat back kit? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to build a custom exhaust I would recommend having the tail pipes exit from infront of the rear tires. This will get you a "nice deep aggressive tone".

I want to do the same think, I think having the exhaust exit through the rear quarter panels gives your truck a super nice custom look.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could get some kind of Y pipe/flange thing, that would be cool.

I like your exhaust idea as it stands. I have the 2-in, 2-out flowmaster 40 and I love the sound. Its deep and gurgly and loud.

Waitaminnue, Deep and Gurgley?

Isnt that a movie?

tahoeman21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Modifications

Is it possible to install a dual exhaust system on a 4 door tahoe??? I have a 2wd.....

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have chosen the dual 2 in 2 out 40 series. Exiting behind the wheels. Hvae never seen some coming out in front. Got any pics of that?

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the same set up in my truck, but want to exit out in front of the wheels, do you have any clips of what yours sounds like? I have a few pics of it exiting out the side I'll try to post soon.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what i wanted to do for my 94 yukon. I just dumped mine in front of the rear axle. Love the sound.