Lowering/LEVEL the rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suckercyou

Reaction score
I want to lower the rear end of my 2006 Denali with air ride so it sits level with the front does anyone have any recommendations with what product i should use? All suggestions will help. Looking for a really good quality ride! Any recommendations on sway bars to.

Thanks, Shaun

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hotchkis, eibach, hellwig, belltech, and suspension techniques make good sway bar kits. I'd drop the rear 4" and lower the front 2 with stock 3/4ton keys so it sits level, or just 2" coils out back and leave the front alone :thumbsup:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey boosta-
i called all the 4wheel part in houston area and noone has any purple keys, think you could keep an eye out for a pair and how much you think they would be?

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i hit you up on thursday when i get paid? also with the 4 inch coil in the rear, will i need shock extenders?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats chill, I'd definitely run extensions or shorter replacement shocks since you've got a ho.

suckercyou

Reaction score
yo yo

hey boost can you hook me up with a good set of coils to lower the rear two inches. Something that rides so smooth it can put you to sleep without messing with the air ride.

i was thinking about a 2/3 but i tow a boat every summer and i didnt want to have rubbing issues with my 24's or anything.

i appreciate your help too boost very knowledgable

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks bro, ill hit you up when i get the dough. any suspension shop can put these in right? are is this something i could do myself? ive never done suspension work before, but from what ive seen i think i could

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get some good belltechs or mcgaugheys off ebay, you'll have to adjust or grind down the autoride links a bit but its really easy. Hoebag I'd call the houston store and tell them your boy from 21 said to hook you up with the key install and alignment for $120.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw sucker I'll be pulling a wakeboard boat with my truck this summer, no issues towing up to 5k thus far with the drop and way to big of tire for the drop.

suckercyou

Reaction score
are you having any rubbing issues?
see thats what i was worried about im just worried about compromising the ride and air ride issues

what performance program do you recommend flashpaq or a hypertech?

suckercyou

Reaction score
i think im gonna go with the belltech ive read better reviews for ride quality

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No rubbage but I had to zip tie my parking brake cable to the rear lca. I have a superchips flashpaq but I'm gonna get another tune from justin at blackbearperformance.com, guy works magic on these trucks and gives a dynamic tune for each truck depending on the datalogged fuel/ignition/ve table you send him. Custom tune is the only way to go if you want to get rid of the bullsh*t torque management in the stock tune (any handheld tuner cannot adjust torque management).

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are your tires to big? i want a 55 sidewall and i think yours looks perfect!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah they're close and rub a little every once and awhile but I did my homework on the backspacing and picked the biggest 275/55/20 I could
IMG00238.jpg

suckercyou

Reaction score
what is the difference in price of a custom tune and preprogrammed tune

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin charges $250 for the tune plus shipping and you have to give him a $200 deposit for the scantool, also need a laptop to do the crank re-learn.

suckercyou

Reaction score
Yeah i think im good in the laptop area have 3 of them haha.

Sounds like a good deal especially if it improves mpg and hp and torque to custom fit your vehicle instead of purchasing a regular joe's average tune programmer

suckercyou

Reaction score
Question im finding a whole bunch of 3in drops for the rear instead of two inch drops to level it out.

Stock the rear sits 2" higher than the front am I correct?