Lowering/LEVEL the rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suckercyou

Reaction score
alright thanks brotha get back at me tomorrow and let me know if you find anything

ill be mia on Thursday till Sunday as i go to Texas to pick up my truck and drive it back to California but ill be back on for more info of course hah

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might need some motivation, the idiots at work have me on a heavy dosage of chronic and strawberry slushies from sonic, might want to shoot me a pm.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking wheel, always been a fan of those and a buddy has them on his bagged 04 sierra.

suckercyou

Reaction score
haha no problem man that sounds like a pretty sick concoction the herb with some slushi haha

suckercyou

Reaction score
I have a set of AD-1 pulstar plugs ill tell you how they work i bought them for my 300 SRT8 but someone stole it and wrecked it on the freeway jackasses...launched that **** off the freeway on ramp...tell you how they work on mpg im also going to add RP motor oil see if i can get a 3mpg increase from those together HOPEFULLY it works

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might need some motivation, the idiots at work have me on a heavy dosage of chronic and strawberry slushies from sonic, might want to shoot me a pm.
sounds like i should find me a 4wheel to work at!:lol:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I don't get high at work, and I will pass a drug test because drugs are bad for you ;) The royal purple will net some mileage and power but nothing noticeable until you replace the diff fluids. Check the part # on those plugs and make sure they'll work in the proper heat range, I bought ngk tr6 plugs (part #4177) because of the nitrous but some tr55 plugs (part #3951) will work great on your truck in a stock application. Gap those bitches to .40 and you'll pick up some power too.

suckercyou

Reaction score
What kinda differ. fluid are you using adding? i didnt even think that would do much. But yeah the plugs i ordered are better than the ngk plugs plus each ****in plug was 25 dollars a plug. They are the right model i had to send my srt8 plugs back to get these son DO WORK

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The royal purple synthetic I used in my 2wd netted 2mpg gain in mileage and my limited slip was waaay smoother, a company call schaeffer's also makes some really good differential fluid for these trucks.

suckercyou

Reaction score
hell yeah instead of putting out 50 watts of power per each spark plug it putts out a million watts now thats a ****in spark plug pulstarplug.com increase in hp, torque and increase in mpg..Yeah i hear good things about that RP im hoping it works cause you know those 24's are gonna screw with my gas mileage im on the plane tomorrow to go pick it up the dealer better not F C K with me ill stabb that ginger

bchapman16

Reaction score
Will having my Yukon 'custom' tuned help me get some of the pep back on the hwy?!? Since I put a TBS and an air intake on my truck, I feel like I lost some major torque...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks boys.

suckercyou

Reaction score
DAMNIT MY PLANE GOT FCKIN CANCELLED FROM THE 46inches OF SNOW so not denali for me yet....anyways yeah you could get an EXHAUST SOME ROYAL PURPLE MOTOR OIL A LITTLE RP GEAR MAX....:cool2: also you can pick up some ngk plugs or pulstar's which i recommend change out the gears on your truck

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey boostaholic... I'm curious what the deal is with the purple keys. Would you mind explaining the difference between stock, the purple keys, suspension maxx and the ford keys. I hear a lot of folks go with ford keys or suspension maxx keys but I've never heard anyone talk about purple ones... Are the purple keys used for lowering versus the others are usually cranked up?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The purple keys are stock in the 3/4ton chevy and are indexed for lower lift due to the higher spring rate of the 3/4ton torsion bar. The 1/2ton keys are indexed higher because the torsion bars have less spring rate due to the lower weight of the vehicle. The stock ford f150 keys (green keys) are indexed ever higher than the 1/2ton keys which if used on a 1/2 ton creates more lift with less preload from the torsion bar adjuster bolts. The suspension maxx keys are infinitely adjustable for lifted or lowered applications. Just go to a junk yard and buy some 97-03 ford f150 torsion keys to lift the front of a 1/2 ton or buy some stock 3/4ton chevy keys to lower a 1/2 ton.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent explaination... Thanks! I'm having my Eibach lowering springs installed on Tuesday so depending on how that looks, I may need a set of purple keys. Do you still have some extra sets, that you'd be willing to sell?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just shoot me a pm when you're ready, I have about a dozen sets of various keys laying around.